A few captions needed

Current caption: Battle of the Bulge[/QUOTE]

now i am new at thisso forgive me if i sound stupid but how come theres no snow anywhere else, i mean the hill in the background has none, is this purely because its in the distance, in between the halftrack and the hellcat isnt there a man in what looks to be wearing a white science jacket that is longer than any other worn on this pic.
like i say i am new at this.

That is not a real WWII picture, it’s a reneactment. Yea, I need to remove it from our gallery, but i’m working on the new gallery at the moment.

I realise I am 6 years too late but I wanted to share :stuck_out_tongue:
That first picture was bugging because I knew I had seen it before, and sure enough I found it in the book “Swastika at War”. The caption is:
“As Signal’s captions become decreasingly informative one must realise that the truth was becoming increasingly hard to tell. The caption to this picture simply says” “German anti-tank guns repulse an attack by Russian tanks.” It was probably taken somewhere on the Caucasian front where the Germans were repulsed north of Ordzhonikidzhe and the threat to the Grozny oilfields was thereby averted. Further to the north-west the Germans had reached the Maikop oilfields on 9 August only to find they had been destroyed."
It was under the chapter of 1942.