Copy of the German heavy tank "the Tiger I" scale 1:1.

I’d like to know what it cost to reproduce as well…

We sold the tank “Tiger of I” for 380 000 euros.

Hi folk.
Just found in internet the site of one firm that build the full-size copies. The guys have creted the amazing replica of Tiger 1 , ordered for new historical movie “White tiger” ( Mosfilm).
You shall to see this
How to build a tiger 1 from zero!..
They made within 9 months.Tigers looks enough true compared to previous ugly replicas filmed in russia and even to that defective from Saving Private Ryan, which were built on chassis of T-34.
Nice to learn something thay can make better that in Holliwood:)
The tank has a 240ph diesel and can move 40 km/h ( that much faster the original design).

I think there is a thread here somewhere on this…

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?12802-Copy-of-the-German-heavy-tank-quot-the-Tiger-I-quot-scale-1-1

I had forgotten about that movie.

Threads merged…

If to reduce the price to 200-250 kEuros i think you could receive alot of private orders and start a mass production of this vehicles . I’m sure there a plenty of rich guys ower the wold who wanna to have such a tiger in their garage:)
You may develop the model line of ww2 German kittens further. How about the KingTiger full scale replica?

Oh i didn’t know! Thanks for correction…

I have been looking for information on the movie, “The White Tiger”. Apparently, it was released in Russia last Spring, and is now Russia’s official nomination for an Academy Award in the Foreign Language category. A brief look-around suggests that there is little yet in the line of professional reviewing in English - possibly because dubbed/subtitled copies are not readily available, at least as yet. I have seen a number of amateur reviews that appear, for the most part, to come from war movie buffs and “tankheads”, and they are somewhat … mixed. There is praise for the battle scenes. However, there is also disappointment at the fact that the movie does not seem to fall into the standard war movie genre, having a strong philosophical, psychological and even mystical (perhaps occult) element. Sounds pretty interesting to me.

I was not able to work out whether the replica Tiger referred to here was actually used in the movie in the end. As far as I can make out, there were difficulties in completing the replica in the time required, compounded by the fact that it was damaged in transit following completion. As a result, it would appear that a “less detailed” (but still pretty impressive) mock-up based directly on a Soviet tank chassis was used. Also, a number of original Soviet vehicles in the possession of MosFilm - more or less in working order (so it is claimed) were used. Varied footage was achieved by using multiple cameras in filming the battle scenes.

This movie may not be fully satisfactory from a pure Tankhead viewpoint, but it sounds pretty interesting to me. I look forward to sourcing a subtitled DvD or download; otherwise, I shall have to prevail on THE WIFE (whose Russian is much better than mine) to give me a running translation. I would, on the whole, prefer not to contemplate that prospect … Best regards, JR.

I don’t know if you’ve seen the show Tank Overhaul (cancelled I think :frowning: ). It was done by a Canadian production company and featured various tank restorations mainly for private billionaire owners like Jacques Littlefield in California who has a staff of men gradually restoring a Panther Tank…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Overhaul

I had a search for a possible English release be it Sub or Dub and found a Google offering of past searches for Subtitles so checked it out, seems there are some less then legitimate release listed under that search option that claim to be Blu-Ray with English and Indonesian subtitles, using Amazon and Play I found nothing to back that up. Never know though, after the Academy Awards it might get an English translation of some sort.

That looks like an interesting show, bit short at 60 minutes per tank but would have enjoyed it I think.

I remind seems i saw the one or couple parts of this show in discovery channel. The restoration of rares is a hard and expensive doing , but if to restore anything - you have to get something for the start. It’s not yeasy to find the ww2 era tank ( or its remains) and anyway such a finds are unique and counted. The production of replicas should be much more cheaper , especialy considering the theoretical capability of serial production that should have much influence to reduce a final price.
Though i have to add the White tiger is just an external replica- all the interior are badly looks like the original.

I haven’t seen this film yet , but i wouldn’t like to expect much from this movie…
So far mosfilm can’t really shot anything except the chaeper parody ( in professional therms) of the best western movie about ww2.Since the soviet era when the ww2 movie were more the war as human’s tragedy - the contemporary war movie "directors’ shot second-sort shoters , possessed mostly by visual and computers effects then by historical accuracy and personal characters of war heroes.

The ones that are really challenging to find and restore are extremely valuable. Those of course are the German tanks such as the Tiger and Panther, which are both like gold or platinum now. T-34’s and Shermans are still a dime a dozen…

Although it was back in the late 80’s I was offered a Sherman in running condition with the gun still live, for $10,000 (USD) I turned it down because I felt it was too high a price for a commonly available vehicle.

Yeah, it really amazing and somewhat insulting for the side that has won a war! ;)Thought it might easy be explained- while the Shermans and T-34 for a long time after the war were using ( i read the the T-34-85 were in service intill the most 90-yy in some third-world countries) while the GErmans and all axis has been forced totally to disarm . I think if the GErmany win a war- the situation might be quite opposite- the T-34 would be rare while the furter modification of KingTiger still feared the wild tribes of Syberia. Although, if to think - who would want to collect the such kind of things as racial-inferiour T-34 in Third reich?;)Just to organize another exibition kinda “Degenerative weaponry” and move it over all germany , showing the shocked public as visible evidence of aryan racial syperiority…

k$10 is too much if to stand it in garage and just to plays with a friends, but not really much if you buy a tank for pure self-defence:)

It’d keep the neighbor kids off the lawn, thats for sure. :slight_smile: