General Patton Quotes

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

General George S Patton

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

General George S Patton

May God have mercy upon my enemies, for I won’t.
WS_EP72_GeneralPatton_640.jpg

''A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow." - General George S Patton

By the way garm1and, that is one quality quote you have commented here. One of my favorite quotes from the man himself.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived. --George S. Patton

Patton’s talent for what we would now call the soundbite is troubling, in a way. Many have the flavor of “thought-stopping slogans”, designed to condition his soldiers to do the unthinkable. But then, maybe the ability to stop thought is a desirable talent in a senior military commander. It would be interesting to know whether Alexander the Great went in for this … Best regards, JR.

“A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you’re not alert, sometimes, a German son-of-an-*******-bitch is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sock full of shit.” Gen. George S. Patton

Quotes attributed to Alexander.

“An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.”

“Sex and sheep alone make me conscious that I am mortal.”

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/4921445.Alexander_the_Great

Ooops!

Understandable mistake with the Greeks, and Kiwis.

Last quote wasn’t about having sex with sheep. Substitute “sleep” for “sheep”.:oops:

LOL!!! :lol:

You’re never beaten until you admit it.

George_S._Patton_02.jpg

My men don’t dig foxholes. I don’t want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don’t give the enemy time to dig one either.

General_Patton_takes_a_break.jpg

My men don’t dig foxholes. I don’t want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don’t give the enemy time to dig one either.

General_Patton_takes_a_break.jpg