Man who has stolen the Heinkel 111

Amazing story (if true). :slight_smile:

May also reveal something about the collapse of German discipline in 1945 :wink:

But I can’t help but feel sorry for the Russians who pulled these kind of amazing feats - only to be sent to Gulags.

He wasn’t sent to GULAG, to your possible distress, sir:)He was sent to Penalty unit. But war was almost over so he soon restored in amry an demobilized in november 1945.
But NKVD didn’t believe to him becouse it was really odd story.It was probably single such a case in entire ww2.

[quote]But I can’t help but feel sorry for the Russians who pulled these kind of amazing feats - only to be sent to Gulags.

He wasn’t sent to GULAG[/quote]

I’m not saying he was sent to Gulag. I’m saying many Russians were sent to Gulags.

Gulag == “a bad place” in general ==== treated unfairly.
Sent == ruggedly dragged, not carried with white horses while champagne and virgins were given to everybody.

Nor more than 3% of former Soviet POWs ( from about 1,5 mln liberated in 1945) have bee imprisoned or executed.

Gulag == “a bad place” in general ==== treated unfairly.
Sent == ruggedly dragged, not carried with white horses while champagne and virgins were given to everybody.

Oh , for those who has got the “champagne and virgins” in Germany( kinda- ROA , Kossaken and others colloborators) , the Gulag was a VERY right place.

Hi, there !! :smiley:

Sorry for picking up this post but… I fell over the floor laughing when I saw it!
Hey, Rising Sun*, tell us about the Japanese planes, come on!

About the stolen Heinkel, well, it may be a real story actually, why not?
I remember having read that the crew of an Italian “Bersaglieri” sidecar had
lost it’s way during a sandstorm on the Libyan front, Summer 1942; they got
through it, finally, but they also got through the 8th Army lines and drove
ahead, eventually reaching the suburbs of Alexandria (perhaps even cheered)
and got finally captured. They had great problems explaining how they got
there, the Brits must have thought the front had collapsed somewhere :!: :lol:

Bye.
Bruno.