Medal Of Honor

Actually, before European Assault, the Medal of Honor games pretty much was you vs. the entire German/Japanese army. You take on all enemies all by yourself, but you can take an amazing number of hits before dying. Also, there never was a shortage of health pickups.

neva played the original MOH i dont like MOH AA because most of it is BS… COD And BIA is the best FPS ww2 game COH is even better but its RTS :slight_smile:

PC is awesome !

Sorry, but with all your abbreviations, I have no idea as to what you’re talking about other than MOH: AA and COD.

i think AA is probably Allied assault and COD might be Call of Duty

No, what I meant is that I knew what those meant, but not any of the other abbreviations.

sorry, your right there are way too many abrrieviations

Nailed it on the head.

today i just bought Vanguard for the wii and find the weapons such as the thompson and MG42 less realistic than in previous games like MOHPA, anybody else notice this?

I don’t own it, but most game reviewers agree that it is the worst Medal of Honor to date. That’s why I’m skipping this one and waiting for Medal of Honor: Airborne. From what I’ve read, it seems that Vanguard is following European Assault in that it is trying waaaaay to hard to be another Call of Duty.

actually i thought the gameplay in itself was quite good, although i was kind of POed about the fact that you have to ride into normandy in a glider, but i do find the weapons, mainly the mg42, thompson and the BAR to be very inaccurate (historically that is). What suprised me most was the fact that the Thompson and BAR in MOH Pacific Assault were far more realistic then Vanguard a game which was released about 3 years after MOHPA. I also find that when compared to COD 3 that on the wii vanguard is alot more playable

I think it was Frontline (among the ones I played) that depicted the Thompson and BAR most accurately.

In European Assault, I have an issue with the Thompson. I know it’s the M1, but its iron sights resemble the M1928 or earlier model.

i wouldn’t know, i never played frontline. Also in Vanguard the only two weapons upgrades ive found is the 50 round drum for the Thompson and the scope for the m1. I dont mind the drum too much but i find the scope completely unecessary

In reality, I know the American military opted to make the M1 and M1A1 Thompsons incompatible with the drum mags due them being prone to jamming.

I liked the scoped M1 Garand in European Assault. Too bad you only get to use it for one level. I actually was surprised you never use the M1903 Springfield in European Assault; in Frontline and Rising Sun, it was you main sniper rifle.

it’s not that the scope was a terrible idea, its just that it sucks at close range, and you can’t pick up another M1 without the scope once u get the upgrade

That is true. That’s kind of like in the Guadalcanal level in Rising Sun where you start with the M1903 Springfield and your sidearm. That level was a bit of a pain because your rifle is terrible for close range, mainly due to it being bolt-action. On top of that, the Japanese kept popping out of foxholes. I know where the foxholes are, but they don’t pop out until I step near them. The sidearm was alright at close range, but it didn’t do enough damage. At least in European Assault, when you have sniper rifles, you also get started with a decent close range weapon.

From what I’ve seen with Airborne’s screens, I’m assuming you can upgrade there also because I saw screens with Thompsons both with and without the drum mags. I know the health system will be like Resistance: Fall of Man with the four regenerating health bars.

As it is, I have an issue with the Thompson being an M1, but having iron sights that more closely resemble the M1928 or older models.

I really don’t get the deal with the Enfield in the game, however. In the game it has a 5 round clip. I know the Lee-Enfield SMLE had a 10 round capacity. In the game, was this supposed to be the Lee-Enfield, or the US Enfield?

The MoH series has become something that must just crawl into a dark hole and die. EA really did screw up the whole series after MoH Rising Sun.

i got heroes 2 for the wii- it blows

More of a COD guy myself but MOH is a also a fun shooter