Russian POWs

I don’t mind them being anti-Soviet, but there should be balance to everything.
Author of one of the articles errorneously pedals the view in which USSR was somehow guilty in the death of Soviet POWs in German captivity. Then he speaks of repatriation of Cossacks from Lienz. Those were Nazi collaborators fighting for “New Europe” and “Leader Adolf Hitler”, regardless of their relation to Communist goverment. Only their liders were executed. The rest of them were sent to exile, from which they were released in 1955. I will give you a couple of quotes about it in the next post.
And then there is the article about repatriation of Ukrainians wrom the western territories. Piculiarly enough it is apealing in the the first paragraph to Geneva Convention. How can one reffer to the Geneva Convention of 1949 to analise the event taking place several years earlier?

In the mean while the fact is that out of app. 4.2 millions displaced Soviet citizens only 6.5% (app. 275000) were subject to background check. And it does not mean that all of them were prosecuted after that.

I think some folks confuse the Russian people with the totalitarian government of the USSR.

Under Stalin, nobody buy him made the rules.
He was a madman of near un rivalled proprtions.

He so disrespected his own people he instituted the military rules forbidding any kind of surrender or being captured.
He felt they needed that for motivation.

His minions were willing and capable of performing any actions they were directed to do.

Including murdering or sending to Gulags anybody they were directed to.

The Russian people eventually overthrew this system and are still struggling to get things right.

I really hope that you don’t think I am talking about the Russian people negatively. I have been a guest of Russian people many times with ten trips to Ukraine and one to Siberia., and I can honestly say that they are the most gracious hosts that you could wish to meet. Having said that I must agree with you about the “totalitarian government of the USSR”.

In 1951-52 mate…
The 6 of the former “SS-cossaken” top leaders have been sentenced to death ( Krasnov , Shkuro and ets) the about 150 officers got a prison ( 10-20 years )
The rest were sent to special settlers-camps( not GULAG) for SIX years.
In 1951-52 all of them have been liberated…
it was extremaly soft and …human for the time when the man for theft might to get about 10 years of gulag…