Soviet with BAR?!?

Is that a Polish BAR on the floor?

http://pics.livejournal.com/ziga76/pic/000013z4/

Interesting. Do you know why are these troops armed with mostly German MP-40s?

It seems you’re right Igor. Looks like the polish version.

That’s a bugger of a picture Egorka ! :smiley:
But as far as I can make out it is a wz.1928, but determining which model brings us back to that damn actress and her bishop.
I’d lean towards the earlier model but perhaps it’s just the angle at which the pic was taken.

Interesting. Do you know why are these troops armed with mostly German MP-40s?[/QUOTE]

German Lend Lease ?
:wink:

Thank you Cuts, for the very informative post. Now I’ll know what to look for the next time I clean out a garage or attic…! :slight_smile:

Thank you Cuts, for the very informative post. Now I’ll know what to look for the next time I clean out a garage or attic…! :)[/QUOTE]

My pleasure Ardee.
Just so you don’t forget, all or any of the pieces below will sell well.

Alternatively, if you feel the need to donate them to the Cuts collection, I’ll keep you in alcohol for a long time ! :smiley:

…I’ll keep you in alcohol for a long time !

Well, that would seem appropriate, since this thread started by discussing a…BAR! :slight_smile: Just don’t hold your breath. PS - did your comment include the ammo? If so, what’s so special about it?

The group of soldiers on the photo are from Ili National Army of Second East Turkestan Republic (existed 1944 - 1949), which was secretly supplied by USSR.

There is a well-known propaganda picture where a soviet soldier is “using” his thompson submachine gun in a top pof a lend-lease M3 Stuart againts Air “target” during a training.

TGR

Would be this one, also note the US “bowling ball” tank crew headgear: