Suggest deployment gift for my son?

Me neither! Seriously, WTF. If you’re that worried about the pox on your house, then keep it in your pants 'cause you’re macking up the wrong girls!

Sheep-skin condoms have fallen out of favor because while they might stop sperm from bull-rushing an egg, they don’t stop viruses from bull-rushing your wanker…

Gen up.
Tends to be SOP for those desirous of an ‘interaction’ with the dusky ladies of dubious quality that populate Buccaneers and The Sportsman’s in Nanyuki.
These troops tend to be either callow youth or longer-served depraved wretches.

It’s never too late. All suggestions are gratefully received.

WTF is wrong with our Army?

My boy came home on a short leave tonight and wolfed down the best beer he’s ever had.

Turns out the base is dry for his grunts. It wasn’t when I was there, even if we only got into a wet mess occasionally. As for the rest, the sergeants’ and officers’ messes were floating on a sea of alcohol.

This is not, repeat NOT, the country his forebears fought for!

Guns and alcohol don’t mix, m8. :slight_smile:

If he’s in East Timor tell him to get some Portuguese friends among the police officers there (don’t know if we still have the army there), he might be lucky enough to get his hands on some of the finest wine and food in the world. :slight_smile:
Tell him also to keep his dirty aussie hands away from the portuguese women there (mostly teachers), mainly because they are butt ugly, we kept the beautiful ones safe at home :).

The people of East Timor are a peacefull people so your kid should have no problems, nonetheless I wish him good luck…

Cheers from across the planet,

Neutral

Thanks.

You reminded me to tell my son he’s 1/16th Portuguese and that on his father’s side his grandfather (1/4 Portuguese) and great-grandmother (1/2 Portuguese) were good friends of a Portuguese family who fled Timor in the face of the Japanese advance in WWII. I’ll see if I can find any connections who might still be in Timor.

I’ve never served so can’t really go on experience but if he has to deal with down time were he’s idle for extended periods of time then maybe sending him a few things he read at home while bored would be useful, maybe up to date PC/Car/Tech mags or something along those lines if he had the interest, even a local newspaper if your town has one and only if the army doesn’t supply that one to the troops.