Where and when is it?

No. Poland. 1930s. Police force.

I think he means my helmet, and the answer is no.

OK,I tried.
:frowning:
Could it be one of the Baltic countries?

Nope. Definately the wrong side of Europe!

Ireland?

Bingo!
The Irish got German-style helmets because they didn’t look like British ones, and they still use that badge for their armed forces.

My turn then?
So where and when?It’s easy I know.

Mmmh, Panzer II, early Panzer IV and Panzer 38 (t) in great numbers…I’ll go for France, maybe the Somme area, late May or early June 1940.

Some says this is around the Meuse area and that it is the 7.PzDiv but France 1940 is enough for me.
Your turn then.

Allright then, next one:

DdWSiE_12,1F.jpg

Summer of 1942, Stalingrad. Germans communicating over the Volga River?

Or it could just be a soldier making fun of Hitlers speeches!:smiley:

No. Neither…nor.:wink:
Hint: there is a term for this stage of the war in every language of the involved parties.

German/French border, 1940, “sitzkrieg”?

BINGO!!!:smiley:
The “Sitzkrieg” (sit war) respectively “Phoney War” respectively “Drôle de guerre”.
Photo was taken -as you wrote- at the german-french border, the Upper Rhine area in spring of 1940 (certainly before May 10). The soldiers belong to the 4th SS-Polizei-Grenadier-Division, still wearing common Wehrmacht uniforms.
You’re next!

FINALLY…FINALLY…Got an answer right on something in the quiz section. Problem is I won’t have time to look up and post something in the next few days (out of town). So, would someone else do the honor for me to bump the thread? Thanks!

Let’s see if I can get this uploaded.

Bump! No, I ain’t aly j;)

I can’t get much more info on this one as “Germany, 1944” :frowning:

Isn’t that Hitler inspecting the aftermath of the briefcase bomb assassination attempt?

Is it Hitler inspecting the bomb damage caused by the first RAF raid on Berlin in 1940. Which, in turn, made him switch his Luftwaffe raids from the airfields to Bombing London.

Paul