90,000 MILE BIKE REBUILD (Or, how I learned to curse in many different languages)

Very nice looking machine my friend.

I hope firing her up brings you all the pleasures it deserves.

Warm, Kind and Respectful Regards my friend, Uyraell.

Well thank you, one never knows what the result will be until you push the magic button, I’ll shoot video of starting it,(or the crater it leaves)and post a link.

:lol::lol::lol: Or the more common and less awesome result … complete silence!!!

**** me dead!

I didn’t think that was possible!

I’ve never finished a rebuild without at least a couple of washers and a bolt or screw or two left over, and I don’t know anyone else who has.

The amazing thing is that the motors perform perfectly without them. If only the bean counters at the relevant factories knew that when they were building them! :wink:

Congratulations on pulling off the most unlikely rebuild: One with no parts left over.

Surprised me too RS, I guess for once I paid attention… (Egad, I sound like my Dad…)

"Or the more common and less awesome result … complete silence!!! " That can sometimes happen, but as is said by gearheads everywhere, “If it has t*ts or tires, you’re going to have trouble with it” And both entities can generally be counted on to make some kind of “noise” so I can only hope for good noises…:lol::lol::wink: Anyway, here is the link to the video, I did cheat a bit and used starting juice till the gas made it through the carb. Break in oil is 50 weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCHb_ciy7M

I am suscribed to your channel and this video didnt appeared in my inbox, damn. Good work TankG. I think it just need a quarter screw turn more in the carburator.

It should have, its open to everyone, though I’m no expert on the YT system, I’ll look to see if I can find a problem setting or something. It did sound a bit rough, but I was using old plugs for the initial start-up, to clear excess oil etc. from the cylinders. It has new ones now, and runs as it should, no popping, or sputtering, took it for a ride, no troubles at present, but it would be a good idea to have the carb, and timing checked.

Now that its Springtime in the Mountains, I’ve been putting some break-in miles on the old horse, so got some video on a trip to the grocery store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0aDaSM4Uuw

Hi tankgeezer,
you really did a great job! If you need to learn a string of curses in italian, don’t hesitate to ask… I have a great family tradition and i’m a kind of expert in bad words and curse science. :wink:

1. You need to control that camera better. I thought you’d dropped it once and were about to plunge onto the other side of the road on another occasion.

2. Why does all the traffic in your area drive on the wrong side of the road? :wink: :smiley:

I was holding the camera on a wrist strap, so its a bit jumpy. Scientists said that since you guys drive on the left, we had to drive on the right, or the Earth would spin off into the Sun. (or everyone would turn Welsh or something) but I thinks its the Moonshine. :slight_smile:

I do need some new curse words, the older ones lose their effectiveness after several uses.(per hour) I do know some classic profane gestures, but its hard you use them while working…:slight_smile:

My last project.
Owned and rode this bike over 30 years.
Next is another Pan with hack.

Web wkn2.jpg

Very nicely done…