Aachen, 1944...

SS Kallen, I agree that members should be able to say what they like as long as it doesnt offend anyone. Your avitar say’s Neo Nazi and it offends me so please remove it as ordered.

LargeBrew, SS Kallen has removed his avatar. Let us move on and let this avatar issue go as it is now resolved. Thank you all for your cooperation.

Thank you moderator, and Im glad we can now move on and exclude my beliefs from the forum. Now, is there any further information on the topic?

Wow, all Firefly did was point out that it is only fair to judge people based on their beliefs, after all this is something that they have control over, unlike race or colour (things neo-nazis like to judge others on).

If you don’t want to be judged for your beliefs why advertise them by putting them in your avitar (yes that is advertising)? What reaction are you trying to invoke from people anyway? Sympthy? Aggression?

Also you need to ask yourself, if you can’t defend what you believe; why do you believe what you do?

As I said, I will not argue my beliefs, because this is the wrong forum to do so. If you want me to defend my beliefs, please feel free to IM me on AIM or MSN messenger.

Fair enough, interestingly I used to look up to the way Hitler managed to reform and unite Germany in the 1930s and made it into the most powerful country in Europe when I was your age (never quite felt the need to hate someone for as pathetic a reason as race or colour…).

But then I started to read history a bit deeper and looked past the pretty uniforms and at the corpses of 16- 24 year idealisic boys/men slaughtered for the ego of one maniac (I’m not talking about the extermination camps but the millions of German soldiers that died in WWII).

Hitler betrayed the German people, anyone that looks up to him and the Nazi ideal is just another lamb to the slaughter for the next Hitler to come into power.

Youve really got me thinking now, Bas…

:lol: somehow I doubt that, oh well over time… maybe.

Good luck on finding more information your Grandfather although I suspect that your family will be the best source of information.

Also drop the “elite sniper” reference it sounds cool and romantic but it detracts from serious research and immediatly identifies you as a “kid”

(notice how quick people were to ask your age?)

Well, the only family member who knows anything more about it is my grampa, and he refuses to talk about Martin. All I know is that he was a sniper and that he was M.I.A in Aachen.

Cheers mate. I really dont care whether you appreciate my comments or not. Your Nazi tag was racist. As I said in my post, you can have whatever belief you want as long as you dont bring it here.

Cheers for seeing sense though, it shows maturity and I applaud you for it, a lot of guys would have been too stubborn and ended up being banned…

OK GUYS THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED. IT WOULD BE IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF ALL USERS TO LET THE AVATAR ISSUE GO (HEM HEM…BAS). SS KALLEN HAS CHANGED HIS AVATAR NOW, SO YOU MAY DO US A FAVOR AND STFU ABOUT IT. :!:

On a lighter note, SS Kallen you may be interested in taking a look at this PDF I found about Aachen.

http://cpof.ida.org/MOUT-Aachen-1944.pdf

Enjoy.

Agree he is change avatar and go back on topic .

Thanks guys, oh and thanks for the PDF file, Tiger.

No problem :slight_smile:

Agreed. If we begin to bash them then what better is everyone else? I dislike Communists, but that doesn’t mean I’m a Nazi or that I will talk crap on anyone on here that has leftist beliefs.