Adolf Hitler suicide pistol?

Not to mention the absurd one where he steals a Russian fighter.

Be all that as it may, it may come as no surprise to you to learn that as I type this at my beach shack in splendid isolation (i.e. no family or anyone else with me) with an ample supply of beer, bacon, eggs, cheese, bread and pepper and hot sauces, I have on my shelves an oft watched DVD of Josey Wales and sundry others such as Joe Kidd, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider, along with Coogan’s Bluff, Play Misty for Me, etc.

It is testament to the poverty of culture of recent generations that not only do they not value the eternal verities of such great lines as Josey Wales telling Ten Bears that his word of death is true, and so his word of life is true, and the Shakespearean response of Ten Bears who understands Josey’s words of iron. Even worse, these young bastards nowadays have never heard of Josey Wales.

I fail to see why we pay taxes for an education system which allows children to complete high school without knowing of Josey Wales. I mean, who do they think fought for the freedoms they now enjoy?

1500$ for a Desert Eagle? I’d give him not one euro
The israeli weapon factorys made one of the world poor quality idiot-designed weapons
Who need a Desert Eagle when its too big to wear and the handling is also probably difficult from the size of the gun, and not to mention about the Uzi you simply can not grasp
The Israeli Army is using today american weapons probably because their own weapons are unusable

The movies of Clint Eastwood should be a course required at all Universities, as well as several from the John Wayne Westerns, and the Quiet Man. I noticed that Fire Fox was very similar in plot line to Blue Thunder (Roy Scheider, Malcome McDowell) a different malevolent adversary, but otherwise nearly the same movie only using a Super Helicopter instead of a Super Fighter.
As far as the millenial generation, and important historic knowledge concerning the source of their Freedoms, sadly it comes to this.

13095768_851492984983881_4649400089273581665_n.jpg

good attachment tankgeezer!
Two different world: one foot in the grave already much smarter people than those who are struggling with mental sensitivity problems in tedium

An American actor accidentally killed himself in the 1980’s by taking a blank filled .44 Magnum and placing it too his head suicide style, after a gun fight scene ceased filming, and said, “now this one is for me!”. The resulting blank cartridge detonating smashed in a section of his skull drving it into his brain instantly killing him… IIRC

The story here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum#Death

That’s a great bored on Saturday afternoon beer and popcorn movie…

Well, from what I’ve been told by owners of them was the weight was inconvenient, but functionality was good. Very dependable, and performed well. It certainly isn’t the first choice for concealed carry, but it does well for those who hunt with a pistol . The Dirty Harry revolver the S&W Model 29 is an old warhorse of a pistol, having been on the market for near to 60 yrs. It was not initially a brisk seller, it was heavy, and the recoil was more than many people wanted to deal with. (with the exception of the aforementioned pistol hunters) It was largely ignored by the shooting public. Then dirty Harry hit the screens. All of a sudden, everyone wanted the mod.29, the most powerful handgun in the World etc. People went on lengthy waiting lists, and many of those who bought them, never fired them, just kept them in the velvet lined wood case they came in. I had an older model in 5" special order and it was not difficult for me to handle, but it didn’t really do anything for me either, so in time, I sold it.
the truly funny thing is that Harry never used Magnum ammunition in his, he used a “light special” meaning the .44 special cartridge,loaded with a lighter than normal 215 grain lead bullet. Common in the late 1800’s to early 1900’s but still available today. The only difference is in the case length. The Magnum case is made 1/10 inch longer to prevent it from being mistakenly loaded into a .44 special firearm. This same safety feature is used in the .38 special/.357 magnum.

It sure is, love to hate that uptight Major.

I have joined this discussion too late, it seems. I apologize for that, as I have not had access to the internet where I have resided for the past year or so, near Morskie Oko.
But, as of late last week, I watched a forensic documentary about Hitler and Eva Braun’s remains near the Reich Chancellery. Interestingly, the forensic examiner complained throughout the documentary about the Russians sloppy examination of the bodies, which he believes were not completely burned, as the gasoline shortage was so severe that the Nazis did not secure enough to completely obliterate the bodies; therefore, that would led one to believe that the bodies were still recognizable, even to a novice forensic examiner. That oversight led to another oversight in which the examiner claimed that the Russians confused Hitler’s form of suicide with Eva Braun’s due to the location of the blood spots on the sofa and the broken flower vase on the floor, inches from the table. This error made its way to the Allies, and ultimately Life Magazine, who published photos of the bunker and the bloody sofa.

I have even read accounts that state that no one has ever recovered Hitler’s skull; the one found by the Russians is that of a 30 year old, young woman.

We were strongly warned not to fire at anyone at short range when using blank firing attachments on 7.62mm SLRs, to avoid injury.

Thanks to the warnings which had been impressed on us, I passed on the opportunity to find out how much damage could be done when I had the muzzle of my SLR, with blank firing attachment, jammed under the chin of another soldier who was playing Viet Cong in an exercise and who decided to be a hero by trying to escape from the prisoners I was guarding.

Science on blank wounds.

Blank firing pistols are generally considered to be harmless and these guns are not accepted as being firearms in most countries. Due to lack of legal regulations these guns are easily purchased by anyone aged over 18 years. Reports of serious injuries and even fatalities due to these guns are increasing in the literature. These guns when modified or even unmodified can cause serious and potentially fatal injuries. Without doing any changes to the barrel, using blank or tear gas cartridges, firing at contact range can cause penetration of gas into the body including bone originated from gun powder. We report two suicide cases shooting themselves at temporal region with a blank cartridge gun at contact range. There was no foreign body on radiological examination and there was no trajectory of a bullet inside the brain. In both cases the wound was at the right temporal region and there was defect at temporal bone. There was circular soot around this bone defect. The injury of the brain tissue was localized at the level of the defect but there was widespread subarachnoidal bleeding.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19573850

The authors describe 3 cases of lethal injuries caused by 7.62 mm blank cartridge shots from military automatic rifle of domestic origin (AK 47, 7.62 mm). In 1 case, the cartridge was fired from a weapon that had been leaned on the head, with subsequent destruction of brain, and in other 2 cases, the weapon had been leaned on the chests, which led to destruction of heart parts. The injuries were caused by the action of striking wave of gunpowder explosion, the air blast type. The cases demonstrate that the gas pressure from the exploding propellant of blank cartridge is powerful enough to penetrate the thoracic wall and the skull.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19901805

Lethal injuries of the thorax due to shots fired from blank cartridges calibre 8 mm are reported in three cases. The muzzle of the weapon was in contact with the left side of the breast (contact discharge) and injuries to bones were absent in all three cases. In two of the cases the pericardium was not involved but the anterior wall of the right heart ventricle was ruptured and death was due to cardiac tamponade. In the third case the pericardial sac and the left ventricle were both ruptured and the victim died due to rapid exsanguination. The cases demonstrate that the gas pressure from the exploding propellent of blank ammunition can be powerful enough to penetrate the thoracic wall.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9541854

Originally, Frank Sinatra wanted to act Dirty Harry’s character but for he was too heavy the 44-inch magnum, then after they think John Wayne but after Clint Eastwood was selected as the main actor (I think also it was probably the best choice was Eastwood)

That’s true, the list of people who rejected the part is quite long. Sinatra as you said turned it down because an old injury kept him from hefting Harry’s .44 S&W, which is sad because he had the roughness of character to have played Harry well. But I’m not complaining, Eastwood did a fine job in the role. The rest were as follows. (Courtesy of “the art of Manliness Trunk”)
Frank Sinatra was originally cast to play Dirty Harry, but a broken wrist he suffered while filming the Manchurian Candidate prevented him from hoisting Harry Calagan’s signature beast of a gun. So he had to quit. John Wayne was then offered the role, but he turned it down because he didn’t “like being offered Sinatra’s rejections.” Producers then went after Robert Mitchum, but he turned it down because he thought the role was a “piece of junk.” Burt Lancaster was then offered the role, but he turned it down because he didn’t agree with the movie’s violence. Finally Eastwood was offered the script and the rest was movie history.

I once saw a film of Frank Sinatra From Here to Eternity
I think Frank Sinatra for forming very weak in the movie and he’s got for this movie the Oscar and the Golden Globe Award for the “Best Supporting Actor”, that is unbelievable to me
Sinatra may have was good as a singer but I think acting skills were very weak

Agree regarding Sinatra’s performance in “From Here to Eternity”. A strangely “green” performance, not helped by the comparison with Burt Lancaster in the principal male part. Burt was a much-underestimated screen actor, who tended to eclipse others acting opposite him. I thought Sinatra as pretty good in “Manchurian Candidate”, another movie with a brilliant cast of underestimated actors. Sinatra, generally, may have been better suited to “light” parts, preferably involving singing. His performance in “Robin and the Seven Hoods” and the brilliant cinematic realization of “Guys and Dolls”, even in the company of Jean Simmons and Marlon Brando. Horses for courses, perhaps ? Yours from the crap game, JR.