Alternative Fighters for the Luftwaffe.

A weird nevertheless interesting fictional experiment…he-112 with DB-605 engine.:cool:

Aditional images of the He-100D.

A video of the He-100 blasting the world speed record.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yz4HB8LNI

What about the Heinkel He 280?

Alternate to Me262.

Hi all,

Please pardon if this is a dupe, I scanned the thread quickly, but didn’t see anything. I was over at the Army Heritage Collection and looking at a WW2 German aircraft Identification manual and saw a pic on a FW-198. I googled that and the resources I saw said it was a fictional plane.

Huh?

Why would they include a plane if it was fictional? Maybe there were a few examples flying?

Maybe it is a misstype of the Fw189.

Definately , I never hear of it, there is FW-190,191 and 200, nothing in the middle.

I suspect that they thought it was real at the time, which was why they included it. Only later did they find out that it didn’t exist.

It wouldn’t be the only time that stories of a new German plane being spotted were believed for a while, only to be found to be false. IIRC just before the war Germany deliberately deceived the rest of the world by pretending that the He-100 (or some such) was in squadron service, and several RAF pilots subsequently reported engaging them in combat!

Gotcha, I guess they had to go with what knowledge they had at the time.

thanks guys!!!