Australian Military pictures.

Iraq - 2003

And also check this: http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/statuepark/620/Pictures.html

The Leopard 1 and 2 do not look right. The Leopard 2 is in German colours and the background look wrong. The Leo 1 is tacking part in an exercise with Simfire (late 70s) fitted and the housed in the background look German.

http://www.defence.gov.au/army/equipment/images/leopard1.jpg

Leo 2 in Aussy colours

And a little search for “leopard 1 and bridge”

http://www.armedforces.50megs.com/photo3.html

Not far from bottom, Leopard 1A4 crossing a bridge.

The Aussies used both the 1 and 2 but the pictures are not of them in Aussy colours.

Royal Australian Air Force…

FA-18 Hornet

BAe Hawk

F-111

Lokcheed P-3C Orion

And I thought we had been through this. The Israeli with the cat isnt an Aussie.

The US Marines in Dress US Marine Uniform slinging US rifles that to my knowledge Aussies have never used, arent Aussies either.

Unless of course you mean all of the photos were taken by Aussie military personnel?

So those 2 are wrong.[/quote]

No offence firefly but your rather silly if you didnt realise that them two pictures you pointed out that werent aussies werent my pictures…i didnt post them buddy :wink:

Oops, I should have read the thread from the beginning, apologies there.

No problem mate :slight_smile: , you got any australian pictures - any era?

Gallipoli WW1

… and almost 100 years after

:smiley:

That Gallipoli photograph i have stored on my computer already :slight_smile: , i found it a couple of weeks back, i find it quite a courageous photograph helping his fallen Mate.

That modern day Australian looks really cool aswell, Gen. S.
You have to think if they ever get sore backs or legs from carrying such heavy back packs. :lol:

Nice photos General.

There was a report on Radio 4 t’other week (From Our Own Correspondent, IIRC) about a unit called something like the Northern Territorial Force, which is a reserve unit, mostly of Aboriginal folk.

Their job is to patrol the coastline of the Northern Territories, mainly on foot, looking for signs of illicit landings.

These patrols take weeks and the troops live off the land where possible.

Apparently, there is a slight issue sometimes with guys going walkabout for a couple of years without letting the CoC know, but then they report back to the barracks and life carries on.

They sounded like a switched-on unit and the sort of blokes it’s good to have on the team.

Off on another topic, I always get a little chuckle when I spot an Aussie exchange officer in his tropical weight combats somewhere like Otterburn or even Salisbury Plain. I remember some US 101st dropping into Otterburn in September once, having flown straight from Georgia, and having to spend 3 days shivering in the Northumberland Summer. Poor recce skills their boss must have had.

Good morning mate! I’m Dani and not gen. Sandworm!! :lol: :lol:

Good morning mate! I’m Dani and not gen. Sandworm!! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Sorry mate, i was reading another post in another window when i replied lol :lol: . — Good work DANI~ :smiley: :lol:

I have some! Hope you enjoy them!

[/img]

here are some more