Best fighter of the war?

Well, if people are actually interested, we can resurrect the thread.

I’d be up for that. I appreciate the initial interest may have semed low but it was only because I was away for the weekend securing accomodation for when I start my job in… well, Aircraft Test and Evaluation (!) that I for one didn’t post sooner.

Anyone else! C’mon! Play the game! You know you want to!

I don’t know enough to play, but I want to spectate!

Sure you do Crab. You’re an Aeronautical Engineer too, are you not? Tell you what, I’ll PM you with which way I think you should vote, hence doubling my voting power. Muhahahaha.

Well, if people are interested I’ll stick the next contest up in the morning.

every plane used by the argentine-birtish 164 squad <<FIRMES VOLAMOS>>

Eh? That’s not exactly what this thread is about, now, is it?

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=716

I preferred Muhammed Ali.

I preferred Muhammed Ali.[/quote]
wow!,the best joke i have ever seen!

it’s a joke right?

I preferred Muhammed Ali.[/quote]

:lol: nice

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=716[/quote]

Yes, very nice Erwin, but you could maybe have tried reading THIS thread before posting the unjustified one line answer in it…

don’t be angry,you are festamus! :wink:

How about not dragging down this thread the same as all the others do? BDL looks to have gone to an awful lot of trouble to make this a structured, justified, reasoned look at what we think is the best WWII fighter - not just a as per:

every plane used by the argentine-birtish 164 squad <<FIRMES VOLAMOS>>

It’s good manners to read a thread before posting in it. You clearly haven’t. Why is that? Because you could wait to do the whole “I know what, I’ll say every plane flown by my countrymen on the good guy’s side during the war… because they were flown by Argentines, making them cool, and like, er, stuff”. Makes a changing from idolising the SS just because they came to your country at least, I suppose. But you should have realised from earlier posts in a similar vein that this isn’t what this thread is for!!!

BDL - are we going to have a round 2 or not? It could produce some interesting results in how we get there… The conclusion will doubtless be less interesting than the route to reach it. Certainly the way we are pitting one on one until we have a “grand final” and a winner is going to be interesting. Well, for me at least! I’m still agonizing over the Corsair v. Kingcobra because it looks like an easy answer but when you think about it… both were flawed yet both did great work… Tough one.

I have been doing my research too. I will be up for defending the Corsair, could be fun, as long as certain others dont come here for their sport of baiting.

My gut response was to go for Corsair as it is far more the famous classic and the All-American hotrod… but then the doubts crept in. I’m tempted to play devil’s advocate and see if I can present a case for the Kingcobra regardless based on the facts available but if I do that, it might distort the end result…

Go for it mate, I like a decent debate on WW2 equipment.

Pistols at dawn as soon as BDL is ready.

EDIT: Sorry. Due to UK firearms legislation, that should in fact read Handbags

Its nearly the season, why not agree on Conkers?

If we delay until the Olympics, then the home office will temporarily declare pistol contests legal.

edited to add: What kind of a world would we live in where the Olympics could be awarded to a country where some of the disciplines are criminal in that country?