British Experimental Tanks

Did both guns fire together or were the able to fire individually?
I imagine there would be issues with the trunion alignment through time with the guns firing singley.Then again i suppose the guys who built it would have worked it out.

That may be, but you did have Burt Monro, so I’d call it even…

Nor, for that matter, unlike some of the designs for the Char 2C, CharB2 Bis, Char D series, (and various other French armoured vehicle projects), that included electric transmission.

I suspect the French vehicles may have had a “cross-pollination” influence, to a reasonable degree. The chassis also bears a strong resemblance to that of the heavy Chars.

Even so, I’m of the view the TOG vehicles would be problematic to employ on a battlefield, in much the same way as the Jadgtiger (formidable though that vehicle was), was nonetheless problematic to employ on a battlefield where speed and manoeuver were necessary.

The point was made, in one book I have: far better to have taken the main armament of the Tortoise (the 32 Pdr AA) and put it as the main gun in a turreted tank. It would have been almost as formidable as a Jagdtiger, more manoeuverable, and a wiser choice than TOG series or Tortoise.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friend, Uyraell.

From the little I have read about the AC IV with the twin 25 pounders were fired together to simulate the bigger recoil of the 17 pounder gun. This was so they could see if the recoil would wreck the tank and if the turret ring could take the force.

Thanks for the info.Ive seen a few photos of the Sentinal but very limited data on it.Cheers Leccy.This i why i visit this site not to post but to learn,

Many Thanks for that mention, TG my friend. :slight_smile:
It is one hell of a good story.
I’ve actually seen that Indian as a kid, and have some vague memory of having at least seen Munro alive, if not actually have spoken with him.
In later years, I saw either the bike or a very exact replica, though I no longer recall where, or under what circumstances.

Warm, Kind, and Respectful Regards TG, Uyraell.

Nor, for that matter, unlike some of the designs for the Char 2C, CharB2 Bis, Char D series, (and various other French armoured vehicle projects), that included electric transmission.

I suspect the French vehicles may have had a “cross-pollination” influence, to a reasonable degree. The chassis also bears a strong resemblance to that of the heavy Chars.

Yes, yeas, that too, is just that I have more sources and books on german armor than french one, I should had plenty of both, shame on me.