camp 30

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

BTW, Cockney would be entertaining! And yes, I’ll use me loaf and won’t tell porkeys again!

If you mean aly j a “ignorant Englishman” youre wrong. Im a girl not a man. Cheers

I think gunner-b is speaking of himself. He lists London as his location.

Oh crap ,you are right.thought he was picking on me thats all.

Hey Duddette.Who’s picking on you!..Take no Lip!..I have a feeling that rs is going to make your life miserable here…maybe lay off him for awhile. He’s instigating you to flare up so he can put in his 2 cents…but oh wait, I must be talking to myself, cause supposedly I am you…NOT! LOL…take Care Duddette…

Wasn’t this made into a film? I can’t remember the name but i’m failry certain there was a film about a group of German POWs who tried to escape from a POW camp in Canada. Btw did you know there was a mass break out of SS prisoners in wales during the war?

Never heard of that before, gotta start some researching. The most dramatic story of a german POW and his (successful) escape attempts would be the one of Captain Franz Baron von Werra.

This is surely a hell of a story, a book and a movie was made about him (The one that got away)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_von_Werra

What about Skorzeny and his chaps getting Mussolini out? That was pretty dramatic.

This (Operation Eiche) was surely a spectacular mission (and even without a single shot fired). Actually Skorzenys role in it was a minor one, he was probably involved out of “PR reasons”. Most credit should go to the Luftwaffe (paratrooper) officer Major Harald Mors.
BTW, it wouldn’t have been a loss if “El Duce” remained at Gran Sasso till judgement day.

That was really interesting story. All that trouble, just to disappear again.
I suppose I’d try to get home too though.

if u read camp 30 the book it will tell about the camp.

When I said 'ignorant Englishman; yes I meant myself…

Herman2
I do not wish to instigate an argument, just understand what is being said.

Aly j
I am not criticising you, infact I admire your enthusiasm.

flamethrowerguy
Thanks! much appreciated.

Paul

Well im glad that some one does on here, Thanx.