Compulsary Military Training

I always liked Baden-Powell’s quote !
:wink:

thats why i respect the Germans, alot of Germans who can retire would rather to choose to continue working for a few more years to ‘help’ the country

alot of respect to the Germans

I think you’ll find that this is because the pensions here have become so bad that the only way for some to survive comfortably after retirement is to work at least part time, rather than any feeling of duty.

The facist government gave the unemployed jobs by firing all women from the work force (they should be used to raise children and breed) and new jobs due to increased armaments production.

maybe the Uk could do that too!

The facist government gave the unemployed jobs by firing all women from the work force (they should be used to raise children and breed) and new jobs due to increased armaments production.

maybe the Uk could do that too![/quote](My bold)

Now there’s an idea !
I’ve seen loads that look like great breeders, the only downside is the cost of upkeep.
That and the incessant talking…

OFF TOPIC ! STOP OR I WILL BAN MYSELF !

Whoops!
Better get back to National Service.
:wink:

Nothing wrong with breeding as long as you practise safe sex…

give a false address :wink:

To keep it on topic I believe that a form of National service is positive for the individuals involved and also the country (as long as a realistic length of service is involved ie 2 years) however in this day and age of political correctness and Human Rights (at the cost of Human Responsibilities) I fear it wont happen again in the West.

Personally, I feel that people should be one of the following:

Disabled
In employment
In full-time education / training
Actively seeking a job (time-limited)
or…
Doing national service, whether military or not.

None of this welfare-as-a-career sh1t that’s kakking on our economies.

Sorry Hosenfield, that wasn’t as clear as I could have made it.

I meant the more postitive sides, in particular, things like the building of the Autobahns and the various other working projects.

[quote=“Man of Stoat”]
Personally, I feel that people should be one of the following:…
quote]

That sounds about right to me, you could include in the National Service bit a similair thing to the German Entwicklungshelfer as mentioned earlier, a type of third world development/aid organisation.

I think a bit of time helping people who really need help would change the attitude of some of our professional unemployed.