Could the Axis have won the war?

bluffy,please don’t forget the quality of your jokes!
they were greater before :lol:

Considering that:

1. It was 1 year later than Sea Lion, and the German anti-shipping capability had improved in that time
  2. The Germans had an entire week to do that much damage
  3. The RN only needed a single night to sink the entire invasion fleet
  4. Despite their losses, the RN still managed to evacuate most of the troops from Crete - a hell of a long way from base with very little air support.
    it suddenly becomes clear why it’s bad for the Germans - not that it’s a bad score, but because it illustrates why they would be so incapable of preventing the RN intervening should they have attempted to invade. They’ve got nothing with a prayer of stopping or even slowing down the RN, and once it arrives the invasion fleet is toast.

then hitler will say," the german aryan superman can achieve anything!"

Fine by me. If he hasn’t got any “aryan supermen” left who are both alive and free to obey his orders, I’m happy :smiley:

well, im new here, but in my opinion, german could won the war, if hitler be patience when launch attack on eastern front when he faced “winter”, asked japs to war with ussr and quickly finalize hydrogen bomb to combine with his V2 rocket, so he could launch bomb to anywhere he like (london,stalingrad or maybe moscow… :slight_smile: ) , and the jap did not drag soviet to war with them at asia, if this happen, i think soviet will faced “tough” enemy at both sides, this will influence troop mobilisation and war tactic at eastern front which german “wasted” time and trooper+equipment

Of course Hitler could won the war.
But he made some awful tactical mistakes in Russia. For example, his generals adviced him to take army " in a fist ", but he decieded to have 3 directions of approaching. He also expected for short campaign, the blitzkrieg, but the war was tightened. It is possible to result hundreds of his mistakes on a course of war. But still he had chances.
His biggest mistake was hisbrutal attitude to the Russians and the other people of the USSR. Only in Byelorussia Nazi destroyed 627 villages (i.m. with all it’s inhabits).