'Dora' Railroad Gun

Anybody have pics or plans for the version of Dora that was to be driven across country in order to get around damaged sections of track? I have been told that it was to be supported by 2 tiger tanks with turrets removed. I have an artiest rendering somewhere (i think) and will try to scan it into my computer tomorrow. Any help would be nice.

Here is some video of the gun, as well as a 21cm gun and an 60cm morter.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1209533366135570549&q=dora+gun&hl=en

As for the tiger tank mover here is some info on an idea for moveing the Krupp K5 28cm gun.

Several other proposals were made to modify or create new models of the K5 which never saw production. In particular, there were a number of plans for a model which could leave the railway by use of specially modified Tiger II tank chassis which would support the mounting box in much the same manner as the railway weapon’s two bogies. This project was finally ended by the capitulation of Germany.

Here are some enplacement photos.

DORA6.JPG

DORAMT1.JPG

DORAMT2.JPG

DORAMT3.JPG

DORAMT4.JPG

Some more…

DORAMT5.JPG

DORAMT6.JPG

DORAMT7.JPG

DORAMT8.JPG

DORAMT9.JPG

Yet more…

DORAMT10.JPG

DORAMT13.JPG

DORAMT14.JPG

More still…

DORAMT15.JPG

DORAMT16.JPG

DORAMT17.JPG

DORAMT18.JPG

DORAMT19.JPG

Here you go that’s it for now…

DORAMT20.JPG

DORAMT21.JPG

GRUEDORA.JPG

g7bw.jpg

It was a powerful gun, but I think they should have found a diffferent way to transport it. I also think that it was not used as well as it was capable of.

I think there is only one word that can describe it and that is,

WOW!!

Very good gallery thanks.

Anybody have pics or plans for the version of Dora that was to be driven across country in order to get around damaged sections of track? I have been told that it was to be supported by 2 tiger tanks with turrets removed. I have an artiest rendering somewhere (i think) and will try to scan it into my computer tomorrow. Any help would be nice

That would be the P-1500 “Monster”

No, the one i was looking for was supported by 2 converted tiger tanks, there was an idea for one to move the k5 guns arround damaged tracks and that is the one i am looking for. The 1500toner is just odd and i have seen many artist renderings of the side and front view’s. I should have said k5 not dora, sorry. If you want ill post the images of the 1500 toner.