Error

Moving to site feedback.

Do you know where your posts are missing from??? I can try to see what happend.

I think I know what happen, I “cleaned” the topic “Grrrrrrrrrrrr” made by Winters.

Probably that explain the minor number of post, no woory Winters after you reach the 50 post again th rank will be restored.

okie dokie , no, worries , just had me confused thats all.

Thanks anyway Gen.Sandworm , PanzerKnacker

I’ve been having a problem for the past 20 to 30 hours of the main forum index defaulting to an earlier screen.

Ctrl + Enter to refresh back to the server cures it, but after that it I can still end up with an old screen from that point.

I’ve cleaned my cache with no effect.

Now I’m getting posts up to a couple of days old showing in the index as ‘Today’, e.g. Browning .303 MG Question in British Military.

I just stuffed up something that now is a title and post with a lot of dots.

Sometimes I get a delete option on Edit and sometimes I don’t?

Is it me or the forum system?

I dont think you can normally edit thread titles!!! Have you done it before coz maybe I need to check the settings.

This was the first time I tried it.

It worked fine.

The problem was that in the past I’ve found that there’s a space of a few minutes where I can delete whole post (or maybe not a whole thread?) when I’ve stuffed up.

I couldn’t delete the thread this time.

I think it stops you deleting it if somebody has posted in it, or maybe if somebody other than you has viewed it? I’m think it’s something like that.

Normally you can delete a post only if no one has replyed to it. Once they have, then you can only edit the posts.

I know I can edit the titles on other boards, if I created them, have not tried to on this board.

Same detail, you can usually sh1tcan your own threads if no one has replied.

Can the time alotted for writing a post be extended,I have lost a few posts due to this, and that can make for alot of work. is the time available a set feature,or can it be increased ?

Use the option “remember me ?” and your problems will be solved.

Sehr Gut mein freund. will do. :slight_smile:

Also might add that when ww2admin is working on the site things can start to run alot slower here. FYI

I’m not aware of any timeout problem on this site preventing posting, but if you don’t submit within whatever time is set by the site it’ll require you to log in as part of the posting process. That shouldn’t lose your post. If you log in it should result in your post being posted.

A couple of ways of avoiding the annoying problem of posts disappearing for whatever reason are:

1. If responding to a post, click Quote, then copy the whole post and paste it to your word processor and work on it there. When you’re finished, copy it and then click “Post Reply” and paste it into the post panel, then click submit.

2. If you lose a post after submitting that you’ve done on site rather than as suggested above, use your browser back button. The odds are that you’ll find it still sitting there a few screens back.

The first option is the safest. I use it for anything more than a few lines.

The image and quote buttons are not properly working today, please if somebody could do a check on this.

Seem okay from my end. If its a problem with speed it could be ww2amdin just working behind the scenes.

Ok, but the same happen last Thursday and friday night.