Favorite Guns of all time

Ah yes, the A-10 “Tank Buster” Just that gun alone can wipe out any tank on the ground. BTW, Do they still have A-10s in service? They might of stopped using them.

Okay… wich weapon i’ll prefer to go in battle ?
Trought mine shooter’s expirience - FN FAL, without any doubts.
FN-FAL in Belgium, Brittish (aka L1A1), Austrian (StG 56?) or South African (R1 ?) version (never in Indian - they make increadible - conversion pice of shit from great battle rifle).
Why FN-FAL ? With standard mechanical sight i can hit targets like golf ball at 600 yards from me (i hawe done this trick more than 100 times). With a few customizations, specially with old belgian FN-FAL (they got a great cold-hammered barreels) and with Sierra Match cartriges (and, if i started to dream about happiness - Svarovski scope, but TriJicon will be well too) i’ll can send in hell anybody at 800 yards avay from me (maybe more, with good weather anв wind’s conditions).
I hawe tested a lot of assault and battle rifles (i guess about 80% of all modells presented today in World) and i still full-in-love with FN-FAL.
Is it most easy to use, reliable, accurate and powerful battle rifle in the World at my look and for me. But is it not for all. For all we hawe AK.

Most bad thing with FN-FAL - is it weight. But i’m not small man as well.

If i can’t get FN-FAL ? Bad news… let it be M-14 or in better case M21
I can handle with this battle-rifle pretty good too.

Nothing for 7.62x51 NATO ? You kidding ? Sure ?
Okay, okay… can i get M-4 ? Or M16A2 ? If these Stowner’s sons are brand new - i agree go in battle with M16A2 or M4.

Ruger Mini 14 will be good for me too.

Oh, bad news for me, only Russian AK ? AKM for sure, but only brand new, not overheated or used by few generation of ex-farmer soldiers. I know AKs trought, gimme few hours in shooter-range and i’ll be good in battle with it.

Handgun ? Beretta M9, but with non-standard clips. Or some of Canadian Para-Ordnance version of M1911A2, double-aclion and with 15 rounds clip (and still .45). Or SOCOM. Or S&W .40. Glock 17 ? Let’ it be, but better case will be Glock 21. But please - no revolvers for me, okay ? At least an “ole good boy” Browning High Power or Czech CZ 75 can live in my holster.

You sayd i need SMG ? There no choises - H&K MP 5, for 9mm Para or .45 ACP or .40 S&W - depenly of caliber of mine handgun.

So, i prepard to help die for bad-asses.
Over and quit.

Yes the A-10’s are still in service. They are a bit slow and do carry other armaments but I dont care what you are flying or riding in if you get in front of this thing you are dead. I forget the firing rate off hand but something like 3000 rounds per minute. I think the normally carry about 30000 rounds but thats plenty. Ill do some more research and get back when i find something. Please post if you happen to know.

[quote=“Gen_Sandworm”]

Yes the A-10’s are still in service. They are a bit slow and do carry other armaments but I dont care what you are flying or riding in if you get in front of this thing you are dead. I forget the firing rate off hand but something like 3000 rounds per minute. I think the normally carry about 30000 rounds but thats plenty. Ill do some more research and get back when i find something. Please post if you happen to know.[/quote]
As i know, A-10 Warthog (Thunderbolt officially, Tank buster, Flying Gun) still in service in US AF. Great airplane, assembled around big gun. Best thing if you need mash tanks in iron jam.
Today all A-10 wold be modernized and will stay in service at least till 2028.
About A-10 Warthog and moderniztion:
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/a-10/

“The aircraft is armed with a General Dynamics GAU-8/A Avenger 30mm cannon, mounted in the nose of the aircraft. Using the cannon, the A-10 is capable of disabling a main battle tank from a range of over 6,500m. The cannon can fire a range of ammunition, including armor-piercing incendiary rounds (API) weighing up to 0.75kg, or uranium-depleted 0.43kg API rounds. The magazine can hold 1,350 rounds of ammunition. The pilot can select a firing rate of 2,100 or 4,200 rounds per minute.”

Real good cannon… maybe i can order one trought post-service to put it at top of mine car ? It will help me to manage traffic in rush-hours… :roll:
I agree for semy auto civilian version… :smiley:

Yep. Saiga is shotgun. But perfect shotgun… And here the pictures of some modifications:

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga_mk.shtml
http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saigam.shtml
http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga5_6s.shtml

Also, excellent sniper rifle SVDS
http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/svds.shtml[/quote]

None of the weapons shown in these links are shotguns, if you are going to pretend you know what you are talking about then at least learn how to use Google. Saiga’s are made by a Russian arms manufacturer Izhevsk arsenal that produce a lot of civilian/police weapons based around the AK system, including the Saiga 12 shotgun family, however none of these are Saiga 12’s.

Ah well at least you’ve found the shotguns now, but why you would want a .410 shotgun in your home is beyond me, it may look sexy but .410 is only suitable for blasting rabbits.

:lol: Disagree. You can also blast homsteds with .410
I hawe seen once in TX derrinder for .410 - it looks pretty terrible. Two barrels, stuffed with two .410 shells - can be very good argument for hard street discuss about your money.
Saiga 410K… people usually bought it because it looks very simular to AK, and use it only for shooting fun or for selfdefence. But .410 shells hawe price quite equal to 12 gauge shells… i don’t know why, but these little shells is really expencive.

Not sure what you mean with “blasting homsteds”

As for “street discussions” well yes small time gangsters will use any weapon, and if it has the advantage of looking like an AK then even better, furthermore I would not like to be shot at point blank range with a .410. But all this does not change the fact that the .410 is a very underpowered shell only useful for small game shooting and even then I’d prefer a 12 bore.

Oh… i meand hamsters.
Just meand also it is possible to hunt on hamsters with this gun.

Yes, i prefer 12 gauge pump-action shootgun too.
But if somebody like hawe .410 - why not ? If he/she enjoy Saiga 410 - let 'em play with it. At least is it not bad selfdefence auto-shotgun, quite suitable for beating out all shit from the malicious visitors right in doors of own apartment.
Not suitable for serios hunting, yes. But for seldefence - enough.

When I posted the pics, I said - that’s MODIFICATIONS. Only for take a good look. I didn’t told that I have them at home. I have only Saiga 12 at home… My friends in BGTU making a 40-gramm bullets with stabilizations for it. With such type of ammo it’s best solution to hunt bears and other big animals.

Just meand also it is possible to hunt on hamsters with this gun.

umm,you didn’t try that did you?

Uh yea you can runover cats with a lawnmower and probably do about the same amount of damage as you would with a shotgun and a hamster.

Uh yea you can runover cats with a lawnmower and probably do about the same amount of damage as you would with a shotgun and a hamster.

sometimes you guys scare me.

Once i hunted down one jerboa (animal sized like hamster) with KPVT 14,5 mm, mounted on turret of personal carrier BTR 80… i sure - that poor jerboa feel no pain - he just blown up to atoms. This hunt take about 20 shots and 5 km of persuit… and, i guess, about 5 litres of gas.
It happens when i was in army, when large quantity of boys waste they’s time with weapons far away from home.

But don’t be afraid - televisions sayd - we are good boys… :lol:

Agree mate, if you enjoy shooting it that’s a good enough reason to have one.

For home defence perhaps .410 slug or homeloads with .41 Mag heads might not be a bad idea.

MINI GUN!!! (gattling gun)
AK-74
M4
H&K MP-5
Glock GK-17
Beretta Cx4 Storm
PSG-1 Sniper Rifle

MINI GUN!!! (gattling gun)
AK-74
M4
H&K MP-5
Glock GK-17
Beretta Cx4 Storm
PSG-1 Sniper Rifle[/quote]

Why do I get the feeling that you have neither fired nor handled any of these? The CX4 shoots poorly at ranges longer than 50m, the MP5 with the telescoping stock has terrible ergonomics (the H&K folding stock feels awful), the Glock is made of tupperware & loosens up & loses accuracy after 1000rds or so, the PSG1 is heavy, clunky, over-engineered and not as accurate as a bolt-action. The M4 suffers from problems due to the gas system (since it’s a carbine, the gas hole is closer to the breech & has to be larger - this gives the bolt carrier & receiver a good battering, losing reliablility) and stopping power at mid-range. The AK74’s OK though.

Edit to add: sorry, that might have sounded a bit harsh - it’s not interesting to read unqualified lists of what your favourite is, however it is interesting to substantiate your reasons as to why you choose each one, since this opens a debate.