Favourite ferrous rant or saying

Surely you jest - all that is required is the ability to yell more pepper" and then go gliding (with a stunt double for anything that requires ability, like scarybatics).

pdf27 wrote

But when he’s speaking to English people he should at least make some effort to be unambigous. For instance, when aiming a reply at someone I know to be a US citizen, I will try to avoid colloquialisms like fag, or the use of words like petrol, truck, etc. which may be unclear. That’s only polite (something Ironman admittedly knows nothing about).

Or fanny!!! The yanks use it to mean bum, but in Britian it means the bit 180 around from the bum…On a woman.

Once remember a Yank officer telling a British Sgt (female data op) to put her fanny here, whilst pointing to a seat!!! Then he suddenly realised (it was a joint hq so he was aware of the difference, but forgot) his mistake!!!

Luckily we were all grown up about it, and she knew what he meant. But we were not grown up enough to let him got away with it of course, it was a long time before he lived that one down!!! :twisted:

Edit to edit.

I once had to explain what Sheep Shagging was to a German officer whos daughter was at Uni in the Uk and had passed on the phrase to him, without explaining it. After about 3 weeks of him calling everyone in the NATO HQ a Sheep Shagger of course!

Oh shit he says, Ive been calling the Colonel that to his face all week.

Was the Colonel Welsh? :twisted:

Was the Colonel Welsh? :twisted:[/quote]

Lucky for him he was US!

Still we felt duty bound to inform the Col though :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again guys. I didn’t know I was loved so much! Did you forget to quote me on “kiddo” or “dorko”? I didn’t read any of the posts here, so I don’t know. Anyway, thanks again!

Thats mine… :lol: :lol:[/quote][/quote]

Hello Ironman, Nice to have you back. I posted this as my favorite.