German Infra-Red Equipment question

Just to make it more interesting, I received this unit from my (now) deceased father-in-law. He had lived in Vermont in the 90’s and had sold a piece of property to a family by the name of Cronin. The crate it is stored in is an old military box, obviously not designed for it. There are shipping addresses (from) Cronin Associates, Menlo Park, Ca, (to) Dr. W. C. Driscoll in Framingham, Ma, Via SS Lena Lachenbach. Spelling may be wrong on that one. Yes, I have a pic, but, again, no time to dl/ul same right now. I have some thoughts about how this may have arrived here, but Google isn’t turning up much on any of these names.
Thanx again,
Airhog

There it is! Pretty basic crate. You saw the inside in the original pic. The “elect. equip.” tag makes me wonder about things, though. Gotta fly.
Thanx
Airhog

IMG_1327.JPG

Hello,

Obviously the box is not matched to the scope.
If you find time to make more close-up pictures of the scope, that would be nice to share them.
And if sometime in the future you decide not to keep it,
please let me know.

Cheers,
Pascal

Pascal,
Anywhere in particular you want the close-ups taken? I agree that the box does not match the equipment. A friend of mine thought it was a standard issue U.S. Gov’t sort of box. That is why I’m trying to find out about Cronin Assoc. and the Doctor, as well as the ship Lena. Could throw an interesting light on this particular piece of equipment.

To a collector like yourself, what could this piece bring on the open market? Not being a collector myself, I haven’t really looked into what something like this could bring.

As I said before, let me know particulars on the pics, can take them anytime.

Hello,

Close-ups of the markings and the power plugs would be nice.

I send you a private message about the estimated price.

Cheers,
Pascal

Good evening.

Looks like a Marder II with Infra Red Equippement? It could be a fake, but if not it shows that also other vehicles had been fitted with ‘such stuff’ :wink:

The photo is a lttle suspicous looking. What is the source ? I’ve heard about Marders with IR but never seen a photo.

Hello,

It is a well know picture of the Marder with the 36cm infrared searchlight and the ZG1221 during tests of IR equipment with PAK 7,5cm.

Cheers
Pascal