German WWII Photos

These are German POW’s. Captured by the Americans.

Nice. Do you have any others?

I will have to pull some more up. But what are looking for. POW’s, soldiers on the Eastern Front, on the western Front, pilots, tankers ETC.

Anything :smiley:

Where are you getting these pictures? From a book or a web site?

Various websites, books, etc.

I really like them, so when you post more pictures, can you let us know which websites and books you get each picture from? Thanks!

Just a note, this guys are not german but croatians from the SS Handschar (scimitar) division:

I know. Croatian Muslims, correct?

I’m surprise by the racial beliefs of Nazi idealology, that even the SS would alow the Croatian Muslims to wear their fezzez…strange if you think about it.

The nazis always have very good relations with the muslims, the SS did not require to accept any religion as long you promisse loyalty to the Fürher.

Moreover after the war the admiration to nazism was increased in the Arab countries, both share a fanatical passion…the hate for the jews.

Alright, thanks. I formely believed that the ‘Perfect Aryan Soldier’ was the model for the SS. You read about all of their racial beliefs while most of the SS was made up of foreign recruits.

Do you have any photos to share? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure I do.

http://www.choiquehobbies.com.ar/revista01/html/rev/haschdar.htm

I like them. On your last photo:

Were the field-grey or red fezzez more popular? Or was it a rank/insignia thing?

Well, in here you might found your answers, the english version of above …

http://www.choiquehobbies.com.ar/revista01/html/rev/haschdare.htm

Ok, thanks. So the field-grey was used for campaign, and the red was used for parade…interesting…

It says that since the SS-Runes were not inplace on the collar, they were patches below the left breast pocket. I can see that in the drawings, but in the photograph of the 3 officers I can’t really see it. Possibly would the officers not have this?

I get mine from websites, but I have seen alot of those pictures in a World War2 book or on TV.

Possibly would the officers not have this?

They have is just that is a small pic.

Ok thanks. I see it now…time for glasses… hehe

Talking about glasses, drawing of the earlier picture.

Interesting…and all of these men were Gebirgjager? (Spelling…)