Goofs and inconsistencies in WW2 movies

Also, that same Tiger was actually a Russian T-34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVERD_ewDxw&feature=related

Of course, this example from Hogan’s Heroes will forever be the greatest Tiger ever.:wink:

The other Star Wars blasters that the Stormtroopers had were Sterling SMGs.

In the Longest Day they were wearing M1 Garand ammo belts even when they were carrying Thompsons, they wear wearing double buckle boots and M43 combat clothing before they were issued in real life. One of the Brits landing on Sword Beach is carrying an M3 Grease Gun when he would not have been issued it. No matter what tune Lord Lovatt told his Piper to play he always played the same tune. The chin cups on the paratroopers were not 1944 issue items, and they showed them bailing out of Lancaster bombers, which they did not do…the “Rupert” dolls were way too detailed, the original “Ruperts” were just man shaped figures of cloth…but I still love that movie…

[QUOTE=HAWKEYE;136467]The other Star Wars blasters that the Stormtroopers had were Sterling SMGs.

Looks like the scope on this gun is actually half a binocular turned around the wrong way.
Its funny what you see when you have a good look at something.

To be fair a Brit could have had a Grease Gun, soldiers have a way of “accquiring” stuff. I know for a fact My GrandFather had an Italian Beretta SMG and was transported for a while in an Sdkfz 250. He served in His Majesty’s Coldstream Guards so I doubt they were standard issue !!

Actually he probably would have had a hard time, they had just been issued in very limited amounts and only to “elite” troops like Rangers and Paratroopers. There are virtually no photos of any of them carrying one, so it would be a very iffy thing to see a Brit pvt. having one. They weren’t as many of them floating around plus they wouldn’t have been a battlefield pick up…