Have you been or are in the Military?

A year in the Luftwaffe as conscript. If it wasn’t for my glasses I would probably have checked if I could become pilot (though army then, love helicopters). :slight_smile:

Major in reserve – Nuclear-Biological-Chemical defense units.

A year in the Luftwaffe as conscript. If it wasn’t for my glasses I would probably have checked if I could become pilot (though army then, love helicopters).

Oh, in that case we are almost colleagues, my dear Mr. Drake. I am wearing spectacles too. :slight_smile:

Furthermore, we were actually very close in some other aspects too – in my time prspective officers have had some … joint east-European multinational exercises back there, in your neighborhood. Something connected with air defense, more precisely with different liquid rocket fuels. Of course, I was on the other side of the fence. :smiley:

NVA - Luftverteidigung

My Lord – when was that – some 25 years ago? Well, our time is running out - we can’t stop it screaming out…

Nevertheless, I still remember those beautiful moments we collectively have had back there. If I remembered that well, our motto was “Möglicherweise in Armut - aber immer mit Anmut!” Something like this old melody we were complimented by – you always have to wait patiently for something firstly… in this case some 45 seconds. But after that it really kicks you!

http://dl.marsches.ru/ddr/Im_Paradeschritt/Locken_zum_Zapfenstreich_und_Zapfenstreichmarsch.mp3

As always – all the best! :slight_smile:

Hello guys
Oh C-75 “Dvina” in a position, that’s a great.
We are colleagues dear mst Labrarian.
I was a commander of Radiolacation Station ( system S-300 , did you hear about?)

Five years ago i served in the Far East for two years.

Chevan,
I did not know that “you” is actually two people! :shock:

:smiley:

He’s schizophrenic.

Good Chevan on the left, bad Chevan on the right. Or is it the other way around? :smiley:

I like the Russian prototype for a Hummer behind Chevan 1 and Chevan 2. Needs a bit more refinement. The vehicle, not the Chevans. :smiley:

I can’t say mate that is me.
Coz the FSB could caught me. I’ve just published the Secret Russian vearpon photo.
They could search me and find out using this photo:)

Let’s just say “the one on the brink is you”… :slight_smile:

“Тот, что с краю - ты.” :slight_smile:

Yes my friend.
The brink is me;)
But i’ve forgot from a what brick: left or right:)
I just remember that man is me who dressed in green uniform.

As I am due to retire from the Crabs in the next few years you will need to keep a look out for my book, the Hell of 5 Star. I intend it to be a no holds barred expose of the pitfalls that the Air Force system of choosing 5 Star hotels brings and all the things that can and do often go terribly wrong with Room Service. The ‘Hell’ of waiting 2 days to get your laundry washed and pressed for you. Its no joke, I lost 3 socks this year and had a tramline put in my best walking out trousers, something just has to be voiced about this shoddy way of going to war, and damned to any official secrets act… Not to mention the paltry rates, I mean how are you supposed to have a decent meal in the US on a measley $70 a day. I nearly starved to death for that month in Aug!!!

I can’t see anything. Stop wearing camouflage!

Yes! Chevan is the one in the middle! :mrgreen:

In the middle of what? :smiley:

In the middle of photo
:smiley:

What Egde?

In the middle of the group of camuflaged people.

And by the way, it is a joke… :smiley:

OK.

It is a russian joke. When there are two girls walking in front of you you loudly say: “Look at that! The one on the side is so beautifull.”

But since there are only 2 of them - each is on the side. And this creates confusion among the girls. Confusion that can be exploited by a yougman to make a first move to establish contact. :wink:

Since there are 2 people on the photo, I said that Chevan is in the middle of the group of people.

The Australian version is if you and a mate see a couple of girls, you grab the best one for yourself by saying to your mate

“Cop [have a look at] them. Your one’s ugly.” :smiley:

Well mate just if you want to establish the contact with me …:):smiley:

If you are easy to confuse, then … maybe? :wink:

Hi all,

Field Artillery, National Guard-Desert Storm. M-109/8-inch. I wasn’t a gunbunny, just a recovery vehicle operator. I miss the comradeship the most. I don’t miss the sand!

Anybody here ever work on a Gamma-goat? Ugh…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gama_Goat