Hello

JUST A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Well actually this isnt your first time here you also have another account under the Username West.

So you fought in the ETO untill Holland you said but then you also said you fought in the The battle of the bulge in your signature. Which did not take place in Holland…at least for the 101st. So where you wounded in Holland or Belgium? And when might have you been wounded?

So you were wounded in the battle of the bulge im assuming and then you recovered and were transfered to the PTO where you got burned? Why the change in unit you could have gone back to Europe and rejoined your unit or surely just stayed home! Coz surely if you were wounded in the battle of the bulge (December 16, 1944 to January 25, 1945) by the time you recovered the war would have been over! Also where did you go in the pacific? What unit? And if you dont mind me asking … how did you get burned?

If you could answer these it would sure help things out!

Interesing, its like watching a columbo episode, well welcome to the forums anyways cpl parsens

:smiley: :lol: :smiley: :lol:

Welcome from me as well…just want to get the facts straight.

Well Cpl. Parsens, you certainly are a topic of discussion here in this forum. Are you or are you not? Did you or didn’t you? I, for one, hope you are and I hope you did. After all, impersonating a combat veteran of any war is a pretty shameful thing to do. And there are, indeed, a lot of fakers out there. (For some reason)

I think you owe it to yourself to defend your claim with some sort of proof. Veterans, particularly combat vets, have a way of talking – a way with their words – their expressions, stories, facts – their sights, sounds or smells that people can pick up on. I can pick up on it almost immediately in a face-to-face conversation. Just enter into the discussions here and you’ll come across one way or the other.

I, like you, was a radio operator (ALP unit) in World War Two – also in the Pacific – in two major invasions and an eleventh hour show-up in a third. If what you claim is true, you would have been a Marine radio operator late in the war – around the time of Iwo Jima and/or Okinawa. If you’ld like to talk “radio” with someone concerning either or both of those operations I’ld be glad to chew the fat with you.

.- .-. & OVER

And we haven’t even unleashed the Waltenkommando yet :lol:

vcs-ww2 wrote:

.- .-. & OVER

“out & OVER”???

AR & OVER! Out would be — …- -

WRONG WRONG WRONG !!!

It was either OVER – meaning my message is over and the network is turned over to the other party for a response.

OUT – meant the message is over and the transmission is also over –
no response necessary or expected.

I will admit the phrase OVER & OUT was used repeatedly in World War Two – but it was used improperly. Using the phrase OVER AND OUT was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Do I make my point ???

Look it up!!!

SORRY! I missed the .- .-. (AR) reference in the last post.

AR or .- .-. meant END OF TRANSMISSION

AR was used in Morse Code transmissions – OVER in voice transmissions.

I happen to have a Bluejacket’s Manual in front of me – 1943 issue, Page 839. I could dig out the USMC manual but it says the same thing.

Look it up!

Very true Vcs-ww2.

We used AR (aka “+”) as “message ends” and K as “invitation to Tx,” ie “over” when using CW.
But that was after WWII ! :smiley:

Learn somting new every day, looking at these forums.

That is what I was looking at Cuts.

Being a morse god. :smiley:

CUTS - You’re absolutely correct - “K” meant over – even 'way back in WWII.

At the end of my post I was saying – using both Morse Code and voice symbols:
– .- .-. (AR) … End of my transmission

"OVER" ............. Over to you.

It was simply an invitation for Cpl. Parsens to get back to me and contribute to this forum if he cared to.

Understood mate.

I wasn’t trying to be smart with my last, I know there’s many words and abbreviations that have changed since '46.

so what ever happend to this guy he has not replyed i guess he new he was caught

You know, I’ve met a few vets in my time. And the ones that saw intense, sustained combat rarely want to discuss specifics. I’ve recently talked to a Korean War vet, and he looked real upset when I dared mention Chosen, and probed with a few questions. His reaction was almost identical when I met a former solder that landed on Omaha Beach (right after the battle) and saw the carnage. I asked him if he was going to see the then upcoming “Saving Private Ryan,” and he said “fuck no! I don’t want to relive all that…” Even Dick Winters rarely spoke to his grandchildren about the War, and they didn’t even know about his distinguished service, but he rarely talked about it. So I have a hard time believing that someone is so willing to share his complete combat record with a bit of a gloating attitude towards it. So I have a bit of a hard time believing this gentleman is for real, and may be just a run of the mill troll. I also think there is some Google research going on…

If he’s for real, he has my sincerest apology though, and my thanks for his service…