Hitler Youth in the war

…and there have been quite some discussions about that:

The latest head of the Church was a member of the Nazi Youth Party. Whether he’s repented or not, surely his association with this movement as a boy should disqualify him to head a supposed religion of peace and goodwill. Apparently not…

from “Flying Chariot Ministries”

or

“…Ratzinger’s Wehrmacht unit shot at allied pilots over Germany. We are supposed to believe that Ratzinger didn’t really mean to hurt anyone. Ratzinger’s response to the most overwhelming evil of our times was to go along with it. In recent months the Pope has urged European Christians to have more babies. This has so much the flavor of Lebensborn, it now seems completely fair to call Benedict “The Nazi Pope.””

from “Jesuit Watch”

Don Ogden, 15th Bomber Group, Don Ogden watches the Hitler Youth…
http://www.witness-to-war.org/content/view.php?g=t&c=NE&v=204

…and there have been quite some discussions about that:

Discussion for what ? Is not like if he was a “freiwillinge” in that formation, the desperate need of personal in thelate years made Germany to use everyone and everybody, women, children and foreigners alike.

Sure, but Ratzinger being a member of an organization so closely related to the Nazis is enough for many to claim he can’t be the head of the roman-catholic church. You may disagree, I do, but that’s the way it is.

Given the Catholic Church’s past management and conduct, I think that being a Nazi, and the more senior the better, is an ideal qualification for running it. :smiley:

Oooh, that’s some heavy sh*t. Anyway, since I am a roman-catholic myself I have to abstain from any further comment for I don’t want to get roasted in purgatory eternally after this life. :mrgreen:

please friends let us not get into it over the pope i mean take the crusaders for example they did and most of them got killed:lol:

Sure, but Ratzinger being a member of an organization so closely related to the Nazis is enough for many to claim he can’t be the head of the roman-catholic church. You may disagree, I do, but that’s the way it is.

Yea, I can understand that , but if you are a catholic you know that everyone who repent of thier sins and have a truthful faith could be a perfect tool for spreading the word of god.

And hopefully the teological discussion would end here.

His exposure as a Hitler Youth member didn’t come as much of a surprise as it should. In December of 1936, membership became mandatory for all boys.