How not to test a ballistic plate

never heard of a country called IRAG :D[/quote]

Edited to satisfy typos errors highlighted by Mr. Erwin.
Iragi = Iraqi
teh = the
Gracias amigo (it is not an insult!!!).

It is not necessarily to be rude Mr. Schätzer. Since you post on ARRSE you became suddenly expert not only on English spelling but also on typos errors!!!
Keep it on!

If you look at 24 to 28 seconds you will see strike after the first round bottom left about 4ft down and 3ft left.

Comments please.

If you look at 24 to 28 seconds you will see strike after the first round bottom left about 4ft down and 3ft left.

Comments please.

I noticed this when I first watched the clip. I didn’t think any more about it (except what a group of fools the testers must be . . ) until the shot that apprently hit the target holder’s leg. That second strike doesn’t look right. Dunno why, it just looks fake.

This set me to thinking, and I believe there are four possibilities:

a. The first strike really was from the first round. Dangerous, but not beyond the bounds of possibility.

b. The first strike was from a shot fired from the side, and thus out of frame, but posing less danger to the target holder (lines of supporting fire at 90 deg to the advance and all that).

c. It’s a squab

d. It’s a CGI effect.

My money would be on b. for the most realistic effect with least danger.

My first thought would also be that it was a fake as people could not be that stupid. But I have seen troops do some really stupid things at times and I am one of them.

Why hold the plate up instead of putting it on the ground?

Why have an Afghan fire the shots?

Why make such an elaborate fake?

For arguments sake lets assume that the strike is real, and if you were to use a squab why not put it closer. They do not seem to have seen the strike as they would have realised that they were well off, one would hope.

If we assume that the strike is real and the firer was a competent shot, could aim the rifle, as they advanced the probable impact of the next round would be diagonally moved to the right and up towards the point of aim. The guy holding the plate seems to have been hit by the second shot in the right leg which would be about he place I would expect to see the next strike.

I would add that I too would have expected the guy with the plate to fall like a bag of shit if he had been hit in the leg, but he just seems to keel over.