Hungarian military in WWII

Librarian:nice pictures from the Hungarian army.Especially like the third:"Armored Company on parade"Man…I am Hungarian,but these tanks,are too hard for me… :smiley:

I forget:when anybody have pictures from the 25.th Division of the Hungarian Waffen SS called “Hunyadi” or have pictures from the fights around Budapest please upload here!
Thank You!

To all Magyars here:

Can you provide me good sources about the losses in stalingrad ( hungarian losses obviously) ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Panzerknacker:the Hungarian losses (the 2.hungarian army) about 100.000 and 120.000 in Stalingrad.Sorry,I don’t give links because it’s all hungarian.These are good infos!

The Second Hungarian Army into Stalingrad

The losses of the second Hungarian Army

Thanks, your number is the same I been read in english sources, the losses seems really high to me before, but…now are confirmed.

My respects to all the fallen hungarians .

Thank You.The second hungarian army fallen,and the whole Stalingrad fight was a catastrophe.Respects all Kameraden!

Messerschmitt Me-109 F-4, Hungarian Air Force, 1942, film stills of “Ungarische Adler”.

Panzerknacker:great photos!

Thanks, I will post more about the Puma fighter squadron soon.

Source:

Hungarian honvéds prepare to arm the bombs

Hungarian medics in WW2

Hunyadi Waffen SS in the front

Hungarian cavalry in the Eastern front

Hungarian anti aircraft squad with a bofors

Honvéd in the foxhole with a MG42

March

Sorry IMI but your images didnt appear, use www.imageshack,us or www.tinypic.com or the attachment option.

Panzerknacker: ok

I have information from a veteran of the Hungarian armored infantry that during 1941 his “unit advanced during a severe November ice storm within 140 kilometres (87 mi) of Moscow.” I have confirmed that the battle for Moscow was impeded by a severe ice storm in November 1941.

But I cannot find any record of a Hungarian unit that was attached to the German army for Operation Barbarossa, the attack on Moscow. I have seen mention of the early deployment of Hungary’s Karpat Group with its Gyorshadtest in 1941, which penetrated Russian territory to a depth of 60-70 miles, and later was part of the Battle of Uman. But this group returned to Budapest in November 1941.

There are other mentions of Hungarian units that were part of the Axis Army Group South, which attacked to the south of Moscow unless it was the attack up through Tulo.

Does anyone know of any Hungarian units that got close to Moscow in November 1941? Thanks.

Brian