Identification: Dog Tag

As in perspiration mate?, cos it gets bloody hot where i live and i sweat alot, lucky if we get rain more then 9 times through our winter :lol:

I think that the dog tag presented is a fake.

As other dog tags shown on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/Soviet-Army-Neck-Badge-Name-Plate-Dog-Tag-BONUS_W0QQitemZ6551432070QQcategoryZ36078QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quoted:
Soviet Army Neck Badge Name Plate “SMERTNIK” + BONUS.
New, unused (blank) USSR soldier name plate.
We can send it blank, or as a bonus, write your name, or your dog’s, or anything else, you would like, FOR FREE!

No they are not fake Dani, i got them checked by professional…it looks fake in the picture light though.
I got these off Ebay by the way. :smiley:

Man of Stoat is true also for Russian:
svoboda = liberty;
mir = peace;

I assume that is a fake. Soviet dog-tags have nothing to deal with 2 languages texts. By the way, what it is written on the back?

Edited: Why not in Russian/English or Russian/German…?!

Actual Russian Army dog tag:

Soviet WW2 dog tag capsules:

Sweat = perspiration.

Your perspiration is acidic and can damage metal, especially mild, or bendy, metals.

Even worse if you use some kind of cleaner on them also.

I have a thumb print of mine on a Kukri blade that I was given, you can make out my lines and everything.

lol, both commando’s dog tag and the ebay dog tag look like “war memorbilia” that i can buy from a museum gift shop.

haha :lol: :lol:

Well I got like all this information on the background of these dogs tags which a friend sent me all the way from Moscow.

they were never used in War because the cold War didn’t evolve into actual conflict.

There was other dog tags there for the same price that had come from round about 1989 when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan and they look scratched and pretty stuffed.

So I have my uncles and they look like the typical dogtags people wear today. I’ve seen stuff that shows different style tags that the Allies (Americans) had. Did we not have a universal dog tag or was all the jazz I saw incorrect.?

Going back to SAMs ID disks, I think the two holes are there because the cord was threaded through both holes. A second disk was held on a loop, on the main cord. In this way only one was removable, in the event of death.

British and Commonwealth troops during WW1 and WW2 wore their dog tags around thier necks. There were 3 discs in total worn, 2 brown circles and 1 green octogen disc. The C.E that someone ask about would be the religion ‘Church of England’. Hope this is of some help.