JagdPanther

Ja, but I stil can not grasp why they could not develop better engines for them.

Thanks for the info.

My pleasure.

What a beautiful monstrosity…

Beuatiful indeed, this is the last Ferdinand finished in Nibelungwerke iron works, St valentin Austria 8 may 1943.

Ja, but I stil can not grasp why they could not develop better engines for them.

Mostly because there was no time if they want to have all the Ferdinands and their crew ready in time to Zitadelle.

if im correct, in the tv series band of brothers i think episode 5 not sure the one episode about market garden they used a restored jagdpanther instead of some modified tank but unfortunately the restored Tiger 131 at bovington tank museum was not available so they had to use the modified t-76 like in saving private ryan. i think all ww2 movie producers if they are using tanks in thier movies look for restored ones not modified.

Speaking of Porsche panzers, was there such a thing as a Sd.Kfz181(?)Jagdmaus?

A Jagdmaus? That would look strange… Would it be like this?

Would this fit the bill?

jgdm.jpg

Yeah. But I wonder if it was real projeckt.

Jagdpanzer Maus I believe, It was not.

Certainly one of the most impressive armoured vehicles in the German inventory. Though a superb and potent weapon system there was little the Jagdpanther could do, to stem the Allied tide.

Grant Hall’s superb modelling effort of the Jagdpanther.

Digger

very nice model indeed!