Kelly's Heroes

The sniper, in the bell tower towards the point they’re going to ambush the Krauts…he had a Mosin Nagant I think?

I watched the movie couple months ago. I remember arguing with someone he must have gotten it off a dead Rusky.

But either way I’m not sure if he had one or not.

I thought the movie was great. :slight_smile:

The black humor and cynical take on the ideology-less war for personal gain is definitely influenced by Heller’s “Catch-22.”

My favorite scene was when the three Shermans came out of the railroad tunnel and shot the living hell out of everything while playing “All for the Love of Sunshine” then rolled off playing “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad”…leaving the station in a mass of destruction…totally beautiful…!!

i am pretty sure he had a springfield 03 sniper rifle. you have now given me an excuse to watch the movie again, to check it out!

Ah yes…The Oddball soundtrack to his attack on the railyard “Ive Been Working on The Railroad”…very subtle and funny.

I STILL have the single from the “Mike Curb Congregation” on 45rpm somewhere…it’s called “Burning Bridges”…

All the burnin bridges
That are falling after me.
All the lonley feelins and the burning en-em-ies.
Every one I left behind
Each time I closed the door.
Burning bridges lost for evermore.

Quite philosophical for a soundtrack single. And wasn’t Donald Sutherland perfectly cast?

i am pretty sure he had a springfield 03 sniper rifle. you have now given me an excuse to watch the movie again, to check it out!

Always one of my favorites. I’ll have to watch it again now too. IIRC, the sniper rifle was a Springfield, but it had some goofy scope mount that looked like a modern B-Square or something on it. Maybe I’ll watch it again tonight. A real M1903A4 sniper rifle won’t have any iron sights, either, and a low-mounted scope.

Just to be anal, here’s the appropriate scope for the M1903A4, the 2.2x M73B1 (Weaver 330).

oh God that film is not the best of the bests
Telly Savallas i am the real bad ass tough hardguy
Donald Sutherland is look like in the film,who transported from Woodstock to the second world war :slight_smile:
and two gi joe shoot down 2 waffen ss&wehrmacht regiment about 5 minuits,not so realistic

there is a nice soviet film you can look some parts of it in youtube its about Battle of Kursk great movie with lot of action

thanx.Nice pics!