KV-2s

My apologies I meant Germansoldier.

Here is a photos of armoured train “For Motherland!” destroyed by the german aviation on 17-07-1942 in the region of Voroshilovgrad.
Note the KV-2 turret and one T-34 turret.

Now that pic is pretty cool ^. Never seen an armoured train with the KV-2 turret on it only the t-34’s. Anyways i think the tiger would win by far. Does anyone know the effective range of the 152mm cannon of the KV-2. The range of the 2 tanks would decide who would win, from the information on the webside achtung panzer the Tiger 88mm could penitrate 84 mm from 2000m. With a skilled crew tiger could knock it out.

Does anyone know the effective range of the 152mm cannon of the KV-2

Is a little subjetive question, the HE shell would be effective as long it can fly, but the sighting devices were not adecuate for shooting far than 1500-1700 meters.

The AP bullet penetrate 90 mm steel at 1500 meters.

By effective range i meant the range of a reasonable percentage of an actualy hit say 65% of hitting a target at 1500m with 80 mm of penitration. But i dont know and cant find any table showing any data of the tank. Also i was thinking a better compairison or battle between 2 tanks would be the K
v-85. It had the same cannon as the t-34/85 but better armour, what do u think?

Some famous shots of KV tanks during Barbarossa.

digger:)

Some famous shots of KV tanks during Barbarossa.

The first 3 ones must be called “put the charge and run”, nice to see the Panzerknackers in action there. :cool:

and yes,. i see no chance of seeing a KV2 win over a tiger,…

There’s no real comparison, Tiger was a dedicated tank killer and KV-2 was an experiment, it would mostly fit the role of a very heavy infantry tank or self propelled howitzer.

I agree. Split off into another thread here: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6995

Please refer the continuation of the debate on Soviet vs. German warcrimes there!

And where NIck we can discuss the American war crimes?:slight_smile:

America hasn’t had a war crime since it invented collateral damage. :wink:

Isn’t that what you try to do in every thread?