Mein Krieg, Amateur 8mm footage from the eastern front

Definately, a little patiente I will upload the first part soon.

Here it is:
German medical unit setting up tents, not sure wich part of Russia is this. Year 1942.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV1BHGn1Xu8

Excellent film , thanks that you shared it with us :slight_smile: It can be clearly seen that the Wehrmacht wasn’t so motorized , they were using a lot of horses . And it’s quite amazing how many soviet POW’s you can see on this film too .

…and captured foreign cars, note the French Citroën in the beginning of the clip.

A lot of horses and a captured Citröen 15, a lonely panzer III, soldiers eating “confiscated” russian chickens :), nearly a pityful image of the almighty Wehrmacht.

Yes true , that’s why this film is very valuable because it show how was it in reality as we see very far from the propaganda films , i actually got a feeling that they were not in a war but sent like on a vacation there , if it wasn’t by the uniforms they look terrible with no sign of what commonly know of the german army discipline and so on .

Fully agree, in that sence is a small jewel, I found this rare vid in a german forum some years ago, fortunately to me I was wise enough to save it in a cd-rom, because the forum is no longer vaialable and there was no youtube in those days.