Movie Reccomendations

I would recommend " A MIDNIGHT CLEAR" Set during dec 1944, a small platoon of US soldiers make a truce with a small platoon of German soldiers to celebrate Christmas. The peace explodes into…Well you got to see it to find out the ending. 5 stars…

Anyone seen the movie “We were Soldiers” , its about Vietnam with Mel Gibson in it.
I liked the movie because you actually see two sides of the story, its not just a movie about the Americans fighting, you also see the vietnamese sides.

The only thing i didn’t like about it was that you didn’t really see much of any other that did help the USA in Vietnam, like australia and England, I know for a fact Australia lost quite alot of men in Vietnam and my next door neighbour is a veteran that has disturbing nightmares and flashbacks.

We Were Soldiers is about a US unit and therefore doesn’t show other nations for the same reason Saving Pte Ryan doesn’t. They weren’t on that battlefield in that place at that time. Specifically, there were vanishingly few Brits in Vietnam, and they don’t seem to have been there officially.

For a good film showing the Aussie side of Vietnam, I suggest The Odd Angry Shot, about the Australian SAS. Features Bryan Brown and a few others I recognise from old soaps etc.

I hate that movie.
Gibson was terrible,script was full of clisee,what a waste of time :x

Mel Gibson is to acting what Harold Shipman was to geriatric care.

Again very well putted.

Does anyone of you mates know how to download a video file from www.putfile.com?
Is it possible in the first place?
Cheers!

Well, so far you guys hit on almost every WWII movie available! Most of them are my favorite. My input:

1. If you want to see a really depressing but very realistic view of war see Il Postino ( I think that’s right; the same actor played in another Italian movie where he pretended to be a mobster. I get these movie titles confused).
  2. Instead of yet another movie about uprising in Warsaw Ghetto (albeit it was very heroic) see an old ( 1950’s) Polish movie about the general Warsaw uprising called “Kanal” (Canal) . I think I saw it on Amazon.com with English subtitles).
  3. 633 Squadron with Cliff Robertson. Although the special effects are not that great, this is the last movie showing flyable Mosquitos and the scene that inspired Lucas to film the “trench attack” in Star Wars.
  4. I concur with “Dam Busters” but beware, Amazon.com has a horrid 2001 remake (in color). You want the 1956 original.
  5. For the flying scenes and the comical relief see “Catch 22”, “Sea Wolfs” and “Escape on Athena”
  6. I still claim that the three best WWII movies to “Battle of Britain”, “Tora, Tora, Tora,” and "Battle of Midway.
  7. For a pacifist in you see “Hell in the Pacific”