Must Buys

Couple more:
18 Platoon by Sidney Jary. Not yet managed to get my own paws on a copy, but have read excerpts and they’re very illuminating. He’s AIUI the only British Platoon Commander to survive leading his platoon from Normandy until the end of the war, and his book on the subject is universally highly recommended. Unfortunately I’ve previously been unable to find a copy for under £50, which is way too much for me. Just found one for £30 though, so I suspect I might be getting a copy in the near future…

Defeat into Victory by Viscount Slim of Burma. Not fantastic but well written and worth reading. Slim to my mind was the outstanding general of WW2 - he took a defeated army which was virtually routed, stopped it from being routed then conducted a fighting retreat of the best part of 1,000 miles through Burma before stopping the Japanese on the Indian border. He then - despite a supply situation so bad his units had to grow their own food at times - fought all the way back to where he started from, annihilating a Japanese army in the process. The difference between the defeated army kicked out of Burma and that which retook the country and destroyed the Japanese was almost entirely his leadership.

the time life series of books on world war 2

you know guys i want a book about world war two tanks any suggestions?