My favorite american military unit.

Thurman, I join you in honoring the 133d NCB, but it wasn’t the lives of “more than 25,00 Army Air Corpsmen” they helped save.
The US Army Air Corps became the US Army Air Force in April of 1941. Technically there was no “US Army Air Corps” active in WWII.
The crews were Soldiers and Airmen

Just a sideline - after the institution of the US Air Force as a separate branch of the US Military it would be 43 years before the US would “win” another war.

Amen, Brother. Many forget, or don’t even know, that it took something like 10 people behind the lines for every 1 frontline soldier. All of them nessessary. Command, logistics and supply, motor pool, medical, clerical, non combat engineers, intelligence, ad infinitum.:army: All of them Heroes. (I need a Kleenex, no kidding!)

For me 75th Ranger Regiment

1st Bn. 5th Marines. “Make Peace, Or Die!”

3rd batallion, 5th Marine regiment, 1st Marine Division Semper Fi Corporal Sledge!

Lessee… my favorite outfit… well, if they flew P-40s, they’re my favorite outfit. lol

Fade to Black…

Any WW2 Pacific Marine Unit

82nd Airborne 504 P.I.R. My dad served with them.

Topographic Engineers

My favorite unit was the 352nd FG, 487th Fighters squadron also known as the Bule Nosed Bastards.

I have no favorite military unit of my own. I never took part in combat, nor spoken to any war veteran who would told me of his unit.
All I know about some squadrons, divisions etc. comes from books, movies or internet. If that was a some sort of determining factor, my favorite unit for today would be the 303rd BG because I’m in the middle of B.D. O’Neill’s “Half wing, three engines and a prayer”. But few weeks ago it was 1st Marine Div. And before that was British 1st Airborne Div.
I’m just wondering how many units got no “fans” because there was nobody left alive to write the memoirs or share their combat stories with others.
I think Rising Sun got the point.

Any unit that served in any war or during peace. But if I had to choose one or two it would be the 10th Mountain Division because if it wasn’t for them the skiing in Colorado would not be what it is today.