New Bundeswehr MG

Shooting the dinner just at the working place :smiley:

Kartoffel Tschüss - we have this expression also ^^ but it´s meant more sarcastic - Du (Deutsche) Kartoffel! for “slower” guys :mrgreen:

Just a way of confusing the Germans for us!!! :smiley:

Is also used in English, Tatty Bye bye or Tatty Byes. (Tatty being short for a potato).

I hope they’ll keep the MG 3 together with the new MG.
I think the new MG would make a nice light section MG, especially if you consider the commonality of ammunition with the weapons of the rest of the section, but I think there are some uses (e.g. mounted on vehicles or in semi-stationary use, e.g. in the perimeter defense of a fortified position, where the longer range and bigger calibre will be usefull, similar as with the British and Americans who both use their respective versions of the Minimi and the GPMG.

Jan

Absolutely a very right thinking Jan!! If you think about the American Military, they still use the 12mm Browning Machinegun as Heavy MG mounted on HMWWS, Tanks or any other sorts of Trucks etc.
The MG3 will be reserved for many years - when i think about the huuugggeee amount of G3 Rifles (only here in our stocks!!) and the amount of G36 Rifles :rolleyes:

Eh ?

The last time I looked the MG3 wasn’t a HMG…

Heavy MG - Mounted on a Vehicle or something similar - Light MG only with “Zweibein” or smth. similar :wink:

The MG 42 (ancestor of the MG 3, there are a few differences) is the original general purpose MG.

Jan