New Rifle

So it’s OK to have someone else kill your meat for you?

Or are you a vegetarian?

If the latter, then I have no issues with your view; merely the way you express it.

If you put a scope on a Mauser with anything other than a non-gunsmithing mount, you are a complete philistine and deserve to have said scope inserted where the sun don’t shine.[/quote]

I know what you mean, and I would never use such a scope mount on my rifle either.

Here is the best scope mount for a Mauser at the time:

I can’t really tell from the picture, but I think you could still have enough clearance to still use stripper clips, but I might be wrong.

If you put a scope on a Mauser with anything other than a non-gunsmithing mount, you are a complete philistine and deserve to have said scope inserted where the sun don’t shine.[/quote]

I know what you mean, and I would never use such a scope mount on my rifle either.

Here is the best scope mount for a Mauser at the time:

I can’t really tell from the picture, but I think you could still have enough clearance to still use stripper clips, but I might be wrong.[/quote]

A; that’s not a military mauser
B; that’s not a no-gunsmithing mount
C; there are 2 ways to ensure that you can use stripper clips - mount an intermediate eye relief scope on the rearsight bed, or mount a scope offset to the left, with resulting ergonomic issues (and the fact that you’ll have to custom-build a mount cos nobody makes them)