New Russian Megabomb

I think we all simply envy for them;)
The UBER wearpon for UBER country;)

You only need to kill them once :wink:

Consider also, that even though the M.O.A.B. is smaller than some other munitions, it is a precision guided weapon. This allows all of its passion to be lavished upon the object of it’s affection. A simple "dumb’ munition may drift off target,or be dropped incorrectly, and even though it may have a much higher yield, that could be wasted due to inaccurate delivery.

Well, I recall reading that at the end of the Vietnam War, the South Vietnamese air force pushed a “Daisy Wad Cutter” out of the back of a C-130 onto a North Vietnamese Army HQ and killed between 150 and 200 soldiers and senior officers…

That is the “pallet bomb” I spoke of earlier, called a “Daisy Cutter” 14, or 15,000 lbs of explosives. Quite impressive to see.

Sure you right.The precision wearpon always much more effective.
The Mega will have the laser head also.

the 15 000lb Daisy Cutter BLU-82/B that was used in Vietnam is not really impressive in comparition with the Vacuum bomb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_of_all_bombs
“Father of all bombs” is the nickname of a Russian-made air-delivered thermobaric weapon that is claimed to be four times more powerful than the U.S. military’s GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (MOAB or the “mother of all bombs”), making it the most powerful publicly-known conventional (non-nuclear) weapon in the world.[1] It was successfully field-tested in the late evening of September 11, 2007, when it was dropped from a Tupolev Tu-160 heavy bomber with a parachute and exploded.[2]

The weapon yields the equivalent of 44 tons of TNT using 7.8 tons of a new type of high explosive, created applying nanotechnology.[2][3][4] In comparison, the MOAB produces the equivalent of 11 tons of TNT from 8 tons of high explosive. The blast radius of 300 m is twice as large as the MOAB.[5][6]

Although its effect has been compared to that of a nuclear weapon, it amounts to only about 0.3 percent of the power of the atomic bomb used against Hiroshima: the equivalent of around 44 tons of TNT, whereas the Hiroshima blast was equivalent to 13,000 tons of TNT while Tsar Bomba, the most powerful explosive device deployed was equivalent to 50,000,000 tons of TNT. The M-388 Davy Crockett, one of the smallest nuclear devices ever deployed, has a selectable lower yield equivalent to 20 tons of TNT, though that energy is released mostly as radiation rather than a blast wave.

I/m just wondering how Wiki operative reflects the news.:slight_smile:

Are not the cluster bomb forbiden?

Besides, in the case I mentioned the insurgents were not in the open space - they were hiding in a mountain village. In this case the advantage of the fuel bomb is obvious.

You are right about the delivery platforms, though.

Somebody needs to drop a vacuum bomb on my apartment!

But probably every bit as effective, as as noted in this thread, there is a (law of) diminishing returns on the weight, size, and amount of high explosives in a bomb…

No, they aren’t forbidden…

Besides, in the case I mentioned the insurgents were not in the open space - they were hiding in a mountain village. In this case the advantage of the fuel bomb is obvious.

You are right about the delivery platforms, though.

Well, sometimes you have to kill an entire village to get a few insurgents…:wink:

But you could just use a bunch of 250lb, 500lbs, 1000lbs, or 2000lbs bombs for that…

I wasnt referring to the BLU-82, there was during the Viet Nam conflict, an explosive daisy cutter that was just bagged explosive packed on a Pallet, 7 tons worth, which was air dropped out the rear door of a C-130. (like the Blu-82, but nothing so sophisticated. )not guided, or directed in any way after being dropped. About as dumb a bomb as can be, but it did its job.
I am still a fan of the Fuel/Air munitions though, a much better weapon.