Old Equipment in use today

I don’t know if they are still issued today, but when my uncle was in the tank corps he was issued an M3 Submachinegun, and that was from 1986-1990.

Im pretty sure i saw footage of them using some in the Gulf War.

Im pretty sure i saw footage of them using some in the Gulf War.[/quote]

I think by the Gulf War they were using M4s? :?

Oh dear, more fiddling from those who believe modern is always better.
As they say, “If it’s not f**ked, (broken) don’t fix it !”

Oh dear, more fiddling from those who believe modern is always better.
As they say, “If it’s not f**ked, (broken) don’t fix it !”[/quote]

Yes cuts. :smiley: 8)

this is an old sherman from argentinian army:

It isn´t in military,but it´s on marchs,and the gendarmeria and sometimes police forces are allowed to use them in a high risk or heavy urgency operation

A TANK?

Why would a police force possibley need a TANK!!!

In Britain we raise an eyebrow when we see an armed copper!!! Imagine a tank roaring down the highstreet with Blues and twos!!!

Remember this

I remember that, the Household Cavalry deployed to Heathrow airport. I couldn’t for the life of me work out what the Scimitars were supposed to acheive.
Squaddies with guns yes, but tanks?

Make it look like they (Gov) are doing something.

the good old 50 caliber!

44 patt webbing belt - often seen around the middle of Colonels and above :twisted:

Oi !

You squaddies, don’t you still use the old No 2 cooker?

Jan

The M1911A1 was used until the late '80s if that counts. It got replaced in 1990 by the M-9 Pistol, that’s used to date.

P-38 tin opener? still in my Smock! even though I dont get compo!!! ? :?

I was watching the military channel the other day and it seems like the traditional .50 Cal. is to be retired and replaced by a more efficient weapon, that only needs one can of ammo to function efficiently and no sandbags.

The 1911A1 has been in contined use by the US armed forces and is used to this day.

The 1911A1 has been in contined use by the US armed forces and is used to this day.[/quote]

Not according to the US Army’s website (www.army.mil). It was replaced in 1990 by the M-9 Pistol

The 1911A1 has been in contined use by the US armed forces and is used to this day.[/quote]

Not according to the US Army’s website (www.army.mil). It was replaced in 1990 by the M-9 Pistol[/quote]

As a general issue weapon yes.
However it has been in continuous use by certain units, and is as I said still in use today.