Outpost (Attack of the Nazi Zombies!)

If my recall is correct, the movie was called “Shockwave” and was basically about a U-Boat crew who had been rendered almost immortal, with little need for food, or much else. They somehow end up in the Carribean, (iIrc) near an “uncharted” island.
The goggles were because exposure of the crews’ eyes to sunlight in direct manner would (and did) kill them. About the only thing capable of killing them, in fact. This discovery is made during a hand-to-hand combat sequence that takes place either on or near the conning tower of the type VII C (in reality a US Gato class boat, before “guppy” conversion) during the movie.

I don’t recall much more than that, which means I had a pretty low opinion of the movie at the time.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

Think I’ll have to have a look at Shock Waves, thanks for the info windrider and Uyraell.
Here’s the IMDB link for those wanting it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076704/

You are most welcome, Downwithpeace,

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

I thought Outpost was pretty good. Little bit silly (well…more than a bit) but good for a friday night laugh!
There’s a funny line where the mercenaries are sat watching a Nazi newsreel and one says “Say what you like about the Nazis, but they had style”

If the Nazi/Zombie combo floats your boat then I recommend “Dead Snow”, which almost makes Outpost look sensible!! It’s a Norwegian film with English subtitles. A group of medical students chased around the mountains by Nazi zombies. Well worth a look if you don’t pay a fortune for it.

Seen the film but found it pretty middle of the road.its based on the usual horror story " who gets if first ?" but with the added twist of the zombies are wearing nazi unifoms. If anything that was it. mediocre

Outpost 2

The year is 1945, the closing stages of WW2, and a German scientist by the name of Klausener is working on a frightening new technology that has the power to create an immortal Nazi army. Flash forward to present day, and a NATO task force is hurriedly deployed to Eastern Europe, where a sinister enemy appears to be mercilessly killing everything in its path. But this is no ordinary foe. Only Helena, a gutsy investigator on the trail of the notorious war-criminal Klausener, accepts the reality of that they are facing a battalion of Nazi Storm-Troopers, a veritable zombie army on the march. With the help of Wallace, a man who’s been chasing Nazi secrets for years, the two of them team up with a Special Forces Unit to venture deep behind enemy lines

Sounds worthy of an Academy Award…:wink:

Is there a category for best straight to DVD? :smiley:

Bump.

Viewed as a “war movie” - well, rubbish, obviously. Viewed as a horror/science fantasy movie borrowing on a “war” context - not that bad. When I was a young history student, I would have found this sort of thing irritating. I am, I hope, a bit less snobbish now. By the way - somebody mentioned “The Bunker”. Same comments, I think, apply; as long as one can suspend the pedant in oneself, and ignore things like the protocol of wearing decorations - not bad, viewed as a horror movie. In fact, I found “The Bunker” distinctly scary, even if it dragged a bit in the third quarter. Strange that I have seen both of these; I am not a great movie person. Best regards, JR.

I enjoy the Nazi Horror Genre, I’m not a fan of human on human horror so those types are a no go area for me but the superstitious and far fetched can be a hoot. I think though, as you mentioned history student, the majority would see these films for what they are and take enjoyment as horror and not history, hopefully anyway.

Check out Iron Sky once released JR, history…well yeah there is that in there but unless NASA has being hiding more then the possibility of ET then it’s comedic side of Nazi Horror (?) but for your sanity, self respect and general time give Nazis at the Center of the Earth a miss.