Quiz

Quoted from http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/biographies/heydrich.htm

On May 27, 1942, as his [Heydrich] car slowed to round a sharp turn in the roadway it came under attack from Free Czech agents who had been trained in England and brought to Czechoslovakia to assassinate him. They shot at Heydrich then threw a bomb which exploded, wounding him. He managed to get out of the car, draw his pistol and shoot back at the assassins before collapsing in the street.

Himmler rushed his own private doctors to Prague to help Heydrich, who held on for several days, but died on June 4 from blood poisoning brought on by fragments of auto upholstery, steel, and his own uniform that had lodged in his spleen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid

Two resistance fighters, Jozef Gabčík and Jan Kubiš, flew into Czechoslovakia on the night of 28 December 1941 landing near Pilsen. The attackers wounded Heydrich in May 27, 1942 in Prague; Gabcik opened fire from his Sten gun on Heydrich riding in his open-topped unarmored Mercedes car, but the gun jammed and Kubis tossed a modified anti-tank grenade on the vehicle. The grenade failed to enter the car, but its fragments ripped through the car’s right wing, embedding itself and fragments of the car into Heydrich’s body. Heydrich died of blood poisoning on June 4.
:smiley:

SAS trained Czech!

Dam it Dani.
You’re 2fast4me :frowning:

:lol: :lol:
Efharisto Tsolias!

Edited: It happened this time only! :smiley:

Ok Dani - Your turn

Sorry mate, I am unable to give a good one right now. :frowning: :frowning:
Feel free to post another one!

But remember, I’ll come back!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ok - I seem to have a thing with Reinhard Heydrich now so here it goes. Name a few medals that he was awarded and the two that he recieved posthumiously.

• German Order (Posthumous)
    • Blood Order (Posthumous)
    • Golden Nazi Party Badge
    • Iron Cross First (1941) and Second (1940) Classes
    • Luftwaffe Pilot’s Badge
    • Luftwaffe Reconnaissance Flying Clasp
    • Danzig Cross (First Class)
    • Anschluss Medal
    • Sudetenland Medal with Prague Castle Bar
    • Memel Medal
    • Olympic Games Decoration (First Class)
    • Social Welfare Decoration (First Class)
    • NSDAP Long Service Ribbon for 10 years service
    • Police Service Ribbon for 18 years service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Heydrich

lol I shoulda made it a little harder than just Wikipedia-ing it but you still got it right. It’s Tsolias’s turn.

On January 1, 1945, the German Luftwaffe launched a surprise attack on thirteen British and American held airfields in Belgium and northern France. Around 800 aircraft, mostly Focke Wulf Fw190s and Messerschmitt Bf109s took part in this low level attack. A total of 224 Allied aircraft were destroyed, the RAF lost 144 planes, with a further 84 damaged beyond repair.

What was the name of this operation and why wasn’t considered succesful by the Germans?

I quote from Wikipedia:

“The final, fully blown offensive conducted by the Luftwaffe was on January 1, 1945, when it launched Operation Bodenplatte (Baseplate). The idea here was to destroy as many Allied aircraft on the ground, yet the Germans lost over 300 aircraft and were henceforward very much on the defensive as the western Allies and the Soviets closed in and invaded the Reich itself.”

My bold to let the things you wanted to know stand out.

Good job.
Your turn.

Under the Treaty of Versailles the Reichswehr was only allowed 100,000 soldiers split between Heer and the Marine. In 1933 the Nazi party came to power and began dismantling the treaty. The Heer was founded as part of the Wehrmacht in May 1935 with the passing of what law?

The Reich Defense Law?

Negative. Try again.

Ok no posts in awhile I guess I’ll just give it away…

Someone please post another question! :smiley:

Oh c’mon guys this is not just between me and PzKpfw VI Tiger! :roll:

Dani strikes back! :lol: :lol:

Name the vehicle below!!!

Not related to WW2. If you want WW2 quiz please let me know, and I’ll strike again! :smiley:

I’m not too keen on vehicles used outside of the US. Would you mind filling me in on which army utilizes it? I’m guessing Romanian but I’m not sure :?