Shermans in which units?

Well, I just finished DUNDEE… now I have to find a crew and some stowage… But the basic model is done and painted, and looks realy good.

Very interesting subject, these eary war Shermans!

Cheers,
Joppe

Hi Joppe,
Do you have a way to post pictures of your project? It would be nice to see if possible. Thanks!

I’ll see if I can when I’m home. That would take some day’s, as I’m in hospital. I had surgery today, but if all goes well I should be home at the end of the weak.

DavidW, when you finish your model, could you please share it as well?
What kit are you building? The Sherman III from Dragon?

Cheers,
Joppe

Hope the surgery went well, and that you are soon feeling better.

No way I’m exhibiting my efforts at modelling here, or anywhere else for that matter!

Quite apart from the fact that the new digital camera my wife bought is rubbish, I haven’t used my scanner in so many years, that I’m not sure I even remember how it all works!

Hehe, okee… I can imagine that. Don’t expect my photo’s will be that great either!!!
But I’ll be happy to upload one or two.

Surgery went well, I’ll probably be sent home in two days or so…

Cheers,
Joppe

Surgery went well, I’ll probably be sent home in two days or so…

Glad to hear it.:slight_smile:

Glad to hear your surgery went well, and I hope you recover quickly. I’ve put together quite a few models in my time, but just over the last few years have really tried my hand at painting them. So I’d be a little nervous about posting my past work!:slight_smile: My favorite brand model is Tamiya 1/35 scale “Military Miniatures”.

Their good, Tamiya, especialy the more new models. However, some older models do lack some detail. They are however great if you want to build a model quickly, and the more recent vehicles are of great detail and quality. I love the Tamiya models too, they are fun and nise to work with. Also, they have started a 1/48 series, you knew?: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/mmv/index.htm#catalog

Sorry DavidW I kind of hyjacked your topic… :oops:

Cheers,
Joppe

This isn’t a problem.:slight_smile:
It’s not too far off topic, and the original question has been answered.

That’s true… Glad it had been answered!

Cheers,
Joppe

I’m home again, and I’m glad to share these pictures with you.

Cheers,
Joppe

DSCN0304.JPG

DSCN0305.JPG

DSCN0307.JPG

Hi Joppe,
Glad you’re home, hospital is no place to be! Thanks for posting the model pictures, it turned out mighty nice! Is it hand painted or air brushed? Just curious, the ones I’ve tried to paint I’ve only hand painted. (what a job;))

Well, I started with a sprayed base of Tamiya TS-3, and then a hand painted XF-59, with over that again a base of XF-60. The green cammo is Revell 65. So basicly, It’s all hand painted.

Cheers,
Joppe

Also, if you’re interested, here you can find some other models by me. I hope you’ll agree with me that I at least make progression.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=4489&highlight=models

Cheers,
Joppe

Sorry, I didn’t have any luck on viewing the attachments on the link you provided.

ohw… that’s to bad,… might have to do with membership…
Sorry, nothing I can do about that I’m afraight. Sorry again.

Cheers,
Joppe

Sorry, I didn't have any luck on viewing the attachments on the link you provided.

Me neither, all text & no pictures.