Should the atomic bombs have been dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

ROFLMAO = Roll On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off

:lol:

As much as it physically pains me --I will not get involved in this thread (*edit: as far as the nuke stuff goes) so that I may mod it. But I am keeping tabs in it, boys…

I just spit beer up! :smiley:

That’s highly debatable…

Eh? The Canadians partially manufacture both General Motors and Ford products, which maybe says they shouldn’t laugh at Lada too loudly (although both are probably far ahead of Lada in quality at this point, I’d wager one of them would love to buy the company)…

And a lot of the Toyotas and Hondas you import actually come from plants in the (United) States…

And FYI, Ladas were available in the US, and probably Canada, in the 1970s and perhaps early 1980s. They, like Renault, Peugeot, and Fiat --died a miserable death here…

What a terrible waste.

Sorry.

Anyway, it’s all Herman the Second’s fault. If he didn’t provide the ammunition, I couldn’t fire it. :wink:

He’s gone. And for public record, not just for his idiotic rantings in this thread…

Really Ford ahead of Lada in quality?
For such crazy many that cost Ford i could by 2 ladas.

LOL :smiley:

Hi Chevan.

Ford has Mazda in their clutches now, which has gone a long way to improving their product, which is actually ahead of almost all European makes and on-par with Toyota in terms of quality control (in the US)…

But, you’re better off buying the two Ladas so you get twice the maintenance headache… :evil:

But LADA has also the Renout as the owner now.
So hardly the super ( traditionally) expensive American cars could compete with Lada:)

But, you’re better off buying the two Ladas so you get twice the maintenance headache… :evil:

I have ONE Lada about two year already…
You will laugh, but i have no headaches with it AT ALL.
Besides the spare parts are enough cheap in local market, so i have no troubles with it…
To the contrast with my neighbourd who have bought the Mitsubishi last year.
He told me- the Japane produced cars never breakes:)
What a fool…
Through half of year he knock out the headlamp…
Then he payd 200$ and was waiting for almost month while this headlamp was ordered and delivered to him from Japane.
Another friend of mine have bought the American produced Ford.
Clever boy…he did not even expect that the original american standards for threads differs from the European:)
Now he can’t find even a …proper bolt for his “American Ford”.
So the moral is…buy the Lada and don’t get to f…ck your brain…

Have you actually driven it anywhere? :smiley:

And even have started the engine mate when drive:)

It’s that sort of courage which made Russia great. :smiley:

Mate, you are a legend. :wink:

Oh you flatter me:)
The everybody can drive with working engine:)
You try without it…especially when -50 Degrees off board:)
Then you will understand what makes Russia be Great:)

It’s not so easy here, you know. We have to turn off the air conditioning in some Australian made GM and Ford cars when the temperature gets over 40 degrees to stop the engine overheating. :rolleyes:

But not in Japanese or Korean cars. :frowning:

and you still fear of Japs?Thay are a good boys…
They supplies the excellent cars to australia, to the contrast the Yankees sells you the bad technologies:) ( sorry Nick )
BTW whan two years ago we have once - 40 C in jenuary, the Mitsubishi of my neighbourd did not wish to start.:slight_smile:
My Lada has started immediately through second.
And you still think that i/m a legend?:)The my neighbourd really is…

At the risk of gradually drifting back to the topic, the Japanese are outstanding at technology.

Up to WWII, and for a couple of decades afterwards, they lacked originality in many areas but they were excellent at examining products from elsewhere and working out how to make them better and cheaper.

If they’d been in a position to apply the same skills to the knowledge the Americans had, courtesy of their German scientists, to atomic weapons in WWII things might have turned out differently. But that assumes that Japan had access to all necessary materials and manufacturing processes, about which I know nothing.

DO you mean they would build own a-bomb and drop it on the USA soon or later?

I don’t know if they had the materials and technology to build a nuclear weapon, even with access to America’s knowledge (pdf27 help us out here), but they had the brains to do it with access to the knowledge.

I can’t see them dropping it on the USA mainland. Apart from anything else, they’d have to rely on an aircraft carrier for a delivery system and, on the basis of the American bombs and planes used to deliver the American bombs, I doubt that they could fly a plane big enough off a carrier.

However, a nuke or two at, say, the American invasions of the Philippines or Okinawa would have had an impressive effect on the Allies. There are assumptions there about Japan being able to develop a nuke quicker than America which probably wouldn’t have happened in reality as my suggestion was that Japan had the ability to improve upon what America developed, so it would be behind in time.

A slightly more realistic possibility is that Japan would have had nukes to attack the Soviets at the end of the war, which would have altered the impact of the Manchurian campaign and perhaps whether Japan surrendered unconditionally or retained Manchuria.

All this is very loose ‘what if’ thinking, but if Japan had a couple of nukes to use around the same time as America actually did it would have altered the balance in Japan’s favour. What that might have meant in practice is fertile ground for even looser thinking.

I am not gone, I am still here. Why would you say I am gone when you said I could stay?I don’t like these public announcement messages. I don’t understand why people are allowed to swear on this website when others have supported me that this is inappropriate yet nothing is done about this?. One member even nothed that their may be children present and thus complained about the swearing yet nothing is done about this issue. Anyways, I am happy to have learned a lot from the war discussions and have appreciated the difference of opinions which makes this good country Great.God Bless America!:mrgreen:

I’m glad to see you are, or we’d be short a crucial member in our cyber village.

Every village has its idiot. You’re ours.

Well, bear of little brain, comprehension ain’t your strong point. Intentionally, as you’re a troll.

So there is no fucking point trying to explain it to you.

Well, bear of little brain, irony ain’t your strong point, either.

Could you at least try to be less obvious in your incessant trolling? It takes the fun out of pretending to treat you seriously.

Any chance that your increased happy knowledge will result in a response to my repeated requests for a rational or even irrational response to #421?

Now, Herman the resolutely intact hymen, you’re clearly up well past your bedtime and playing with daddy’s computer thingy, but you really have to grasp that Canada is not part of America. And if you’re representative of Canadians, I can see why the Yanks don’t want it.