Should WW2 games be played?

well as i have read somewhere:

“The amazing on war games is that no1 gets hurt”

Of course they should be played as these days not much people will read hundreds of books about WW2 history . It’s good way to learn more and at the same time as BearMgk say no one to really get hurt :slight_smile:

Really I do not have a problem with Wargames but the plastic construction kit AFV and figure modeling side of things for ground vehicles and figures looked a bit odd the last time I looked at it. There seemed to be a huge interest in German ie Nazi military equipment and figures pretty much to the exclusion of everything else. Like there rarely was a golden age of anything but whilst the kits were less detailed and less better quality some years ago, I thought the scene was nicer in that there was more of an emphasis in what political circumstances the equipment was used in, and now we have hyper detailed kits built by people who might think the SS were all jolly nice chaps and just the sort of person you would want to take your kid sister out on a date. Really I would like to play combat flight simulation but I find it difficult enough to fly the aircraft without somebody taking pot shots at me be it the computer or another flesh and blood player, so about as military as generally I get is flying DC-4s on the Berlin airlift in Flight Simulator 2004 or aid flights in to Biafra with DC-6s and Connies.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

I think this just comes down to personal opinions and beliefs

I don’t have a problem with combat based games, I got turned onto history by reading books and playing AOE II.

Realism in games is somewhat important though some of the blood mods you see are just disgusting. games such as World War Two Online are perhaps one of the best combat simulations out there, the graphics may be lacking but it makes up in great game play and massive maps. (sorry if I sound like im flogging the game, I dont even play) Games like COD and MOH are still great for action though usually the stock game is sadly lacking in the realism side.
That’s my opinion on the matter