Size does matter !

The R35 was a medium tank with an overworked crew…

And as for the definition of a tank: I think something should have a revolving, closed turret. Otherwise, it’s just a machine gun carrier, assault gun, small APC, armed tractor, or a tank destroyer…

Well it was used to tow artillery peices by the Germans…

My favorite 2 would have to be the M22 Locust (awesome machine and what I would call a “tank”) and the Universal Carrier (though I don’t consider it a “tank” at all).

I found this little guy.
It is a Finnish light tank weighing in at a measly 6,000 lbs. but having some nice firepower. Crew of 2. The very few ever made seem to have seen an unusually long service.

The Vickers-Armstrong Six-ton tank

“Tested in 1933 (model B), this tank was found acceptable by the Finns and more were purchased. Roughly thirty Vickers-Armstrong Six-ton tanks used in the Winter War. The tanks were ordered unarmed from Vickers. The hulls were sent to Germany for fitting with optics. This took much longer than planned and that by the time the Winter War broke out, only ten were fully operational. These tanks were fitted with the Finnish-built 37mm At-guns (37 psvk 36) - they were also armed with MG and exellent 9mm Suomi SMG, which had a sufficient efficiency and accuracy at most combat ranges. One Vickers company took part in the first Finnish tank battle at Honkaniemi in February 1940 - because of technical problems and inexperienced crews, the Vickers company suffered heavy losses - 7 tanks destroyed and one disabled. During the Winter War, an abundance of Soviet T-26 tanks and equipment were captured. These tanks were the very similar to the Vickers design. The surviving twenty-three were refitted with captured Soviet equipment. The Soviet 45mm (high-velocity antitank) guns, and Degtyarev Tankoviy coaxial MG’s were extracted from knocked out T-26 tanks. The Finns had plenty new resources, it seems that over 2000 Soviet tanks were knocked out in the short war. The Vickers were then redesignated as T-26E. About 30 vehicles started the Continuation War - in the beginning of 1945, nineteen were still in service.”

Found this great site (LINK HEREENJOY!) that describes in absolute details the Vickers in combat in The Winter War 1940, even marking the locations of each known destroyed tanks position on the field.

Vickers survivor.

Marked locations of destroyed Vickers.
http://www.winterwar.com/Battles/Naykkijaervi.htm#ind

The following photos were from here. Nice site!
The updated and new designated T-26.

huh…

“Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army.” J. Stalin 1948

diverdoc: It was the Renault UE.

If it must have an enclosed turret (and it must, if we are to call it a tank), it must be the Japanese Type 94 at 3,2t.

What about this?

http://www.gizmology.net/tanks.htm
:):):):slight_smile:

That looks like a tank you wear, not drive, lol. nice pics guys

That one wins hands down. :wink:

Yes. I agree. That would be fun to drive around in.

too bad most of us are too big…

Hahaha, isn’t that the truth…

http://www.funtrak.co.uk/
This you can ride:).

I envy him… How much would that cost?