The Devil all about him

You are quite right. We cannot understand these mysteries as humans, but all will become clear when we die and meet the God. :cool:

Kent, what are you saying?

Are you quoting from some scripture with an anonymous author?

Superstition was rife in the ancient world. How else could community leaders explain the unknown?

Virgins seduced and impregnated by Gods and producing Demigods was quite a common occurrence among the ancient Greeks…try Homer (not the Simpson).

Butt in as much as you wish. :wink:

yes, and looking back, what about Abraham(the idol maker), Moses, The Baptist and all of the other prophets/profits?

Isn’t it a bit absurd for Paul to assert that Christ is the only mediator between man and God, and then go on to claim to be a preacher ordained by God who, inevitably, interposes himself between man, Christ and God?

A man who had a destiny.

Historical effect - that is how we know that Christ existed. However, that does not prove that Christ was the son of God.

And that, in ancient times, was the purpose of religeon in most societies.

Ever read the Foundation Trilogy by Asimov?

An excellent work of science fiction which tackles the social evolution of communities in a rather interesting way.

http://home10.inet.tele.dk/terra/foundation_trilogy.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_(novel) excellent

LOL Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Like it. Zeus in the guise of a bull.

On the night before Amphitryon arrived in Thebes, Zeus (always on the lookout for occasions like this) disguised himself as Amphitryon and came to Alkmene’s bedroom. “I’ve returned victorious,” he said, and showed her some Taphian weapons and a Taphian gold cup. They then went to bed together and Zeus enjoyed the night so much he extended it to three times its normal length (the night, that is - not his thingie). As a result of this extraordinary length of time, Herakles, the greatest of all heroes, was conceived.

No bullshit!

That’s a good point and well made
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus#Testimonium_Flavianum

One thing I didn’t like about that film “The God Who Wasn’t There” is that the director poses an interesting question ie whether Jesus actually existed or not and then goes of in a whole load of other directions and basically forgot about this more interesting issue. From my own perspective, I don’t have a problem with the idea of Mary being a Virgin and giving birth to a child, in that if one was to accept the idea of a God who can perform supernatural acts, there is no reason that he can not cause a Virgin to give birth to a child. The problem which I have with the new testament in relation to Jesus, which is not for me an issue of whether Jesus existed or not but an issue of the accuracy of the Gospels is the depiction of the actions of Pontious Pilate, in this charactor acts towards Jesus in a manner which makes no sense whatsoever in relation to the known historical figure of Pilate.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

i love you guys. i have never saw the movie mentioned .i learned of Josephus’ writings through some books i have. One " The scientific search for Christ" was what elvis presley was reading when he died.In reference to Pilate, i think God’s direct intervention
by an angel telling Pilates’ wife in a dream for him to have no part in judging on Jesus death. This was to ensure prophecy that jesus would be put to death by his own people.
in regards to prophecy in general, heres a example of how God works. 3 different prophets predicted his place of origin.#1 said he would be born in bethlehem,#2 said" he shall be called a nazarene". #3 predicted" out of egypt, i shall call my son" people said someone has to be wrong! well jesus was born in bethlehem, hid in egypt by his parents till safe, when joseph was called to bring him out. and he was raised in nazareth, thereby he was a nazarene.the lord indeed works in mysterious ways.I think the roman gods and other legends, such as beowulf, came about when the fallen angels communed with human women, “and gave birth to mighty men,men of reknown”
but the flood removed that generation of evil supermen, leaving us, the descendants of
Noah and his family, so we are all family anyway you look at it

God bless ye, my brethren
                                                   Rick

and i do know some " ladies" who could make Rising Sun’s wish come true, he would
definately die smiling

Meanwhile as regards Satan

It is a proven fact that Satan Yazeed Bin Mawiya had charged his troops on Hazrat Hussain (radi Allahu anho) and martyred him. But the Wahabi sect considers Yazeed its Ameer. So the question arises, what will be the status of the nation whose Ameer is Yazeed? So on Doom’s Day (Qiyamat) the Wahabi sect will be lifted from amongst the Satan Yazeedi group. Now you can understand who Wahabis are.

Dr.Haq Khan Muslimwi Islamwi

http://interact.sunnirazvi.org/forum/read.php?12,566,640

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=wex2qvL-sQ8
Like what is this guy saying here, that worshiping Satan is one of the four paths of Islam?

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

No he wouldn’t, he would simply die… the miserable old git! :slight_smile:

LOL, 32 Bravo,
we have our annual festival this week. thats usually when i run into
a couple old “co-workers” I dont know if I dread it as much as look forward to it.
My wife has better eyes than me, she spots them before I do, lets me know i surely will NOT die smiling if I let them get too friendly

Never heard of the film, but films are films.

Josephus is not proof of the existence of Christ, he came along too late. He spoke of Christianity, and by his time Peter and Paul had established the Christian church, however much it was in its infancy by todays standards.

There are no contemporary writings of Christ outside the Gospels. Furthermore, the Romans were prolific writers and it is odd that they did not record him.

However, he (Josephus) is a witness to the ‘historical effect’ of Christ and speaks of the existence of Christ with conviction.

How come none of you chaps have mentioned the Dead Sea Scrolls?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_scrolls

There are very devout Muslims who are gentle, kind and compassionate to their fellow men. Those that would relate Islam to Satanism serve only to demonise Islam, and that is not a Christian act.

By the way. Old Git, is derived from Genesis. Begot/beget (Bastard) etc. In Manchester, where I was begotten, beget is shortened to 'get. Which means that if one is referred to as a ‘Get’ then one is being named a Bastard. In the south of England, Get becomes Git, on account of regional accents.

Anyway, no one on this site can be in any doubt that the most prolific user of the term Bastard, is RS. Which, leads me to conclude that he must have written Genesis with all of those ‘begots’ and ‘begets’. Furthermore, having written Genesis, he is not just a Git, but he must be an Old Git! :wink:

Yes of course there are very devout Muslims who are gentle, kind and compassionate to their fellow men and Wahabis spend a lot of time persecuting these Muslims, the Gentleman in question i.e. in the Video was talking about Wahabis.

The governor and qadi of al-Uyayna, Uthman ibn Muammar, was initially sympathetic to Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab’s preaching,. To cement his links with the oasis and prevent another Hurailima-like scandal from happening here, Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab married Uthman’s paternal aunt, al-Jauhara. This was the first in a series of political marriages he would make to seal whatever tenuous alliances could be solicited in the Najd. In his lifetime, he married a total of 20 wives (taking care not to exceed 4 at a time, of course) who furnished him with 18 children.

Uthman ibn Muammar’s indifference, however, came to be sorely tested when Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab dragged a woman accused of adultery out into a public square and stoned her to death. Some report that he had, in fact, used a heavy boulder to crush her head. The action triggered widespread fury.

Non-Muslims would profess puzzlement at the villagers’ reaction. Does Islam, like Judaism, not condemn all adulterers to death by stoning?

The perception is true, but there is a caveat. Umar ibn Khattab, one of Prophet Muhammad’s close companions and a Rightly-Guided Caliph, is said to have caught a couple engaging in adulterous sex. The Quranic punishment for such behavior was indeed death by stoning, but Ali, another companion, reminded Umar that no fewer than four witnesses are required to certify guilt for such an accusation, and that if he acted without such testimony, he himself would sin. Umar abided by Ali’s advice and pardoned the couple. It must be noted here that although Umar- whose very shadow the devil was said to run away from- had witnessed the act, he had no authority to suspend Quranic laws.

Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab’s behavior was made worse by the fact that he was not recognized as al-Uyayna’s qadi, which was Uthman’s position. At best, the woman’s death was a product of vigilante justice, which flies completely in the face of Islam. In his book, the “The Eternal Message of Muhammad”, the late Abdul Rahman Azzam stated that an ulema “should be of mature age and a man of wisdom, enjoy popular support and be a person who draws on the…counsel of the natural leaders. But if he disobeys the commands of God and disregards the interests of the people, he will be repudiated.”

http://www.higher-criticism.com/2005/09/muhammad-ibn-abdul-wahhab_19.html

The Good & the Bad
Stephen Schwartz on Islam and Wahhabism.

A Q&A by Kathryn Jean Lopez

Stephen Schwartz, an author and journalist, is author of The Two Faces of Islam: The House of Sa’ud from Tradition to Terror. A vociferous critic of Wahhabism, Schwartz is a frequent contributor to National Review, The Weekly Standard, and other publications.

Kathryn Jean Lopez: What is Wahhabism?

Stephen Schwartz: Wahhabism is an extremist, puritanical, and violent movement that emerged, with the pretension of “reforming” Islam, in the central area of Arabia in the 18th century.

http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/interrogatory111802.asp

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Not sure where you’re going with this as I’m not able to view the videos, but it appears to me that Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhabi is guilty of the same crime as many other religeous leaders have been over millenea, and that is corruption. Manipulating peoples faith and belief systems in order to promote their won cause, position and power.